NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Drove a Ferrari (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/showthread.php?t=68122)

Anti_Rice_Guy 10-13-2017 12:06 PM

Drove a Ferrari

1 Attachment(s)
I had a networking event at the Ferrari dealer in Nanuet last night. Several things impressed me, both about the car and the experience.

First, my impression of the car: I drove a California T convertible (of course). The ergonomics of this car are PERFECT. Everything is perfectly placed on the steering wheel, and the armrests for the door and console are exactly where I would place them if I was building a car. The trans was very smooth off idle for a dual clutch (parking brake resembles a window switch oddly). I felt perfectly at home driving it, at high speeds on the straightaway and ripping around the exit ramps. Car felt amazingly planted, and the torque response from the turbos was better than anticipated. Having never really driven a high revving car like that before, I did tap the rev limiter on the 2-3 shift since it pulls so hard close to redline it seems premature. I would say that windows down, wind noise is on par with my Z which was a bit surprising. The car had 96 miles on it so you could still smell the leather with the top down. Going over bumps felt like nothing, it was solid as a rock.

After the event was over, the salesmen were driving the racecars back into the garage and you could hear the tremble of excitement in their voice at the sounds. "You don't get the tingle in your spine from McLaren" and so on were heard. They legitamately love Ferrari (or have been brainwashed).

Fun fact: Salesmen are given a ride during training in a California with a pro driver behind the wheel to show that it's a "real" Ferrari. The salesmen are then given keys to a 438 and have to try to catch the California.

Blackbirdws6 10-13-2017 12:40 PM

Sounds like a fun experience. While the California T isn't my first F car choice, I would certainly never turn down an opportunity to drive one.

Anti_Rice_Guy 10-13-2017 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackbirdws6 (Post 943423)
Sounds like a fun experience. While the California T isn't my first F car choice, I would certainly never turn down an opportunity to drive one.

You could get a ride in GT4 Lusso, California T, or 438. You could only test drive the latter two.

Sidebar: Chase was also there with his dad but didn't get a ride since he got there late.

sweetbmxrider 10-14-2017 12:12 PM

That's awesome man. You haven't seen an electric parking brake yet? :lol: I feel like a p1 could make them tingle. Or maybe not, since its such a better car :rofl: AmIrightBLS?

Blackbirdws6 10-14-2017 04:06 PM

Would do all the things for a P1.

The_Bishop 10-14-2017 05:39 PM

Guy buys a house now test driving Ferraris. I must have done something wrong.

:lol:

unstable bob gable 10-14-2017 08:45 PM

Cool

IROCZman15 10-14-2017 10:42 PM

I think 6th gen camaros have an electric parking brake. I'm pretty sure the two rental camaros Ive driven recently had a button in the middle console for parking brake which was electric.

Way cool Nick. I would love to have the chance to drive ANy Ferrari or Lambo, Bugatti, pagani, etc etc exoctic car. Lucky man.

I did get to drive a lamborghini Gallardo a few years back as a birthday giuft from my wife through that Gotham Dream Cars company. was fun indeed. I've thought about finding a few other people and doing the 6 people/6cars/6 hours package they offer.

Teds89IROC 10-16-2017 02:34 PM

very cool experience! Neat fun fact too about the salesmen.

v6folyfe 10-17-2017 12:19 PM

what's the retail on one of those?

Anti_Rice_Guy 10-17-2017 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by v6folyfe (Post 943522)
what's the retail on one of those?

More than you can afford, pal.
https://i.warosu.org/data/fa/img/006...6806398838.jpg

But the one I was in was like 285k

Firebird67dude 10-17-2017 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anti_Rice_Guy (Post 943525)
More than you can afford, pal. But the one I was in was like 285k

Well, at least one of my cars is faster. this is allegedly confirmed in a far away country.

madness410 10-19-2017 12:35 PM

sweet man sounds like an awesome experience. people dont get the chance to test drive ferraris much im happy you took a shot at it.

electric e brakes have been around for a while now.

i used to drive cars to people who would write magazine articles about them...i once drove a bentley muslanne (spelling) from la guardia to east brunswick. it was a $415,000 car according to the window sticker. it definitely is nerve racking driving a car worth more than a house.