NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Ozzy & Halford (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/showthread.php?t=54148)

RiggsLW81 12-03-2010 12:57 PM

Ozzy & Halford

tonite at Izod...cant wait for some old school metal !!! start it off right with some boozing and tailgating in the lot and head on in..an excellent way to start off the weekend!

1972LT1 12-06-2010 10:26 PM

How was it? I saw ozzy this summer at ozzfest and he sounded much better than the last 2 times I've seen him. I'll be going to see Soulfly and Straight Line Stitch on Thursday December 9 at the TLA in Philly and Dimmu Borgir and Enslaved at the Electric Factory on Friday. Anyone else going?

RiggsLW81 12-08-2010 10:28 AM

the show was awesome...ozzy sounded great! i agree w/ u, i saw him at ozzfest 2010 in camden a few months back, and he is sounding good, and in much better shape. high energy, and seems to be feeding off the crowd.

the show on friday was alot of fun. it was ozzy's bday, and his band brought him out a cake on stage and messed w/him a bit, sharon came out and gave him a kiss too..a few happy bday ozzy signs in the crowd. the guys still got it!
the set was long (in a good way)...he played about 2 hrs 15min! he is really giving the crowd their moneys worth on this tour...excellent diverse set list comprised of hits, old school sabbath, and non hits (which were some of my favs...esp. 'fire in the sky'). the set list was as follows:

Bark at the Moon
Let Me Hear You Scream
Mr. Crowley
I Don't Know
N.I.B. (Black Sabbath cover)
Suicide Solution
Road to Nowhere
Fairies Wear Boots (Black Sabbath cover)
Fire in the Sky
War Pigs (Black Sabbath cover) (Happy Birthday Ozzy!)
Rat Salad (Black Sabbath cover) (with Guitar and Drum Solos)
Shot in the Dark
Iron Man (Black Sabbath cover)
Killer of Giants
No More Tears
I Don't Want to Change the World
Crazy Train

Encore:
Into the Void (Black Sabbath cover)
Mama, I'm Coming Home
Paranoid (Black Sabbath cover)

r0nin89 12-08-2010 10:34 AM

I saw him back in 07 or 08 dont remember and it was terrible... If hes really gotten that much better I may consider seeing him again.

Hopefully Ozzfest this summer will be the return of SOAD :drool: and I'll have a reason to go anyway.

BonzoHansen 12-08-2010 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by r0nin89 (Post 741750)
I saw him back in 07 or 08 dont remember and it was terrible... If hes really gotten that much better I may consider seeing him again.

Hopefully Ozzfest this summer will be the return of SOAD :drool: and I'll have a reason to go anyway.

I did too, the year Iron Maiden was on the fest. Ozzy was awful. Plus I hate Sharon Oz so much I'll never give them $0.01 again.

I saw System a few years ago; Mars Volta opened. I was let down by soad at that show, very low energy.

Untamed 12-08-2010 03:33 PM

Ozzfest in 2006 had SOAD and Disturbed, both of whom were awesome. Ozzy was pathetic, with Zakk playing long solos to fill the void when Ozzy couldn / wouldn't sing. That was a special one because Zakk's father got on stage (his family lives in Jersey). Last year his father passed away.

I've been to the 2003 and 2006 shows. Both were great, but not because of Ozzy.

Maybe he's getting cortizone shots now and can actually do more than bob his head and lift his arms like some old bat. :)

r0nin89 12-12-2010 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonzoHansen (Post 741764)
I did too, the year Iron Maiden was on the fest. Ozzy was awful. Plus I hate Sharon Oz so much I'll never give them $0.01 again.

I saw System a few years ago; Mars Volta opened. I was let down by soad at that show, very low energy.

I went the year after the Maiden fiasco.

I'm awaiting the return of SOAD. Theyre way up there on my list of bands left to see. Infact theres not many left I havent seen.

Left to see:
Pantera - Obviously never gonna happen...
SOAD
Anthrax w/ Belladonna
King Diamond/Mercyful Fate

BonzoHansen 12-12-2010 05:22 PM

Anthrax is great live. I've seen them a few times. We were at the dvd shoot at starland a few years ago, great show.