NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/index.php)
-   2007 East Coast F-Body Nationals (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   2007 Car Show Classes and Special Prizes (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/showthread.php?t=21958)

NJSPEEDER 12-02-2006 01:14 PM

2007 Car Show Classes and Special Prizes

We are going to continue with the car show formula that seems to have been working well for the last two years. We will be working on our prize and trophies over the next few months so that information won't be announced completely for a while. We can tell you that the trophies for the top three finishers in Best of Show and the winner of each primary class will be getting much larger trophies this year.
Voting will continue to be by spectator/attendee choice. We will be handing out the ballots at the gate that will list each category, special award, and Best of Show lines separately. We prefer this voting method as it does not call for any one person's personal opinion, nor does it benefit any sort of "friends" system.

Best of Show voting will result in prizes for the top three. Each of the top three finishers will receive a large trophy and a plaque for their achievement. We will announce further prizes for the winners as sponsorship is added to the event.

The primary classes will be one Camaro and one Firebird for each generation. Winners of each of the primary classes will receive a trophy and a plaque. Other prizes may be added as sponsorship is added to the event.

We also are proud to see the return of our long list of special awards for the '07 Nats. All award winners as voted by the attendees will receive a plaque recognizing the achievement. Other additional prizes for winners will be added as sponsorship comes together for the event.

The current list of special awards looks like this:

Best Camaro presented by www.FQuick.com
Best Firebird presented by www.FQuick.com

Best Engine/Engine Compartment
Best Chrome
Best Paint
Best Wheels
Best Engineered/Conversion
Best In Car Entertainment
Best Interior
Best Pace Car

As you can see we are continuing our tradition of giving as many opportunities as possible to take home a prize. If anyone has any additional special awards they would like to see added to the list please contact NJSPEEDER or Tru2Chevy and we will try to get it on the list.

We are a few weeks away from announcing pricing to participate in the Car Show. Stay tuned and please get those suggestions in soon, we need to have time to plan and get all the trophies/plaques ordered and together. :)

NJSPEEDER 12-23-2006 05:34 PM

a suggestion was made to add a selection for "Best Pace Car" to the car show balloting. sound like a good idea to you guys?

BonzoHansen 12-23-2006 09:21 PM

Who asked, a guy with a pace car? :) You expect a lot of pace cars?

How about best of each generation?

NJSPEEDER 12-24-2006 12:41 AM

one pace car owner and one person mentioned they had seen it at some other shows. i think there was only 1 or 2 pace cars the last two years. think a specail award would get a few more of them out?

SamhainZ28 12-24-2006 02:15 AM

where would this be held?

NJSPEEDER 12-24-2006 11:19 AM

island dragaway, date will most likely be mid-august again :)

BonzoHansen 12-25-2006 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJSPEEDER (Post 297775)
one pace car owner and one person mentioned they had seen it at some other shows. i think there was only 1 or 2 pace cars the last two years. think a specail award would get a few more of them out?

Maybe, you could float it. If the TC member (damn, I forget his name) who brings his matching pair of 69 Pace cars to Jackson shows up, he wins. :)

You don't like the generation thing (best 1st gen, etc.)?

NJSPEEDER 12-25-2006 01:18 PM

we can include them too. :)

the voting lines on the sheets are gonna be a bit smaller this year. lol

Tru2Chevy 12-27-2006 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonzoHansen (Post 298146)
You don't like the generation thing (best 1st gen, etc.)?

We have voting for the best Camaro and best Firebird of each generation already.....

- Justin

BonzoHansen 12-27-2006 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tru2Chevy (Post 298565)
We have voting for the best Camaro and best Firebird of each generation already.....

- Justin

Oh good. I didn't see that in the list.

Tru2Chevy 12-27-2006 10:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by BonzoHansen (Post 298578)
Oh good. I didn't see that in the list.

We plan on using the same list we used last year, and are still tossing around the Pace Car idea....

Attached is the list from last year....

- Justin

BonzoHansen 12-27-2006 02:40 PM

What is ICE?

Tru2Chevy 12-27-2006 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonzoHansen (Post 298648)
What is ICE?

In Car Entertainment

- Justin

BonzoHansen 12-27-2006 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tru2Chevy (Post 298649)
In Car Entertainment

- Justin

What is that, fastest car or prettiest 'seat cover'.? :wink:

I just showed my age, didn't I? :)

Tru2Chevy 12-28-2006 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonzoHansen (Post 298685)
What is that, fastest car or prettiest 'seat cover'.? :wink:

Usually it's related to Audio and Video.....
Quote:

Originally Posted by BonzoHansen (Post 298685)
I just showed my age, didn't I? :)

:nod:

- Justin

BonzoHansen 12-28-2006 08:42 AM

I bet Timmy agrees with my version of in car entertainment.

IROCZman15 02-20-2007 09:36 PM

i cant wait! ill be there with the IROC!

Savage_Messiah 02-22-2007 01:18 PM

If there's a pace car category.... my vote goes to the first TTA i see

LS1Hawk 03-08-2007 03:39 PM

Are the Best Camaro and Best Firebird classes going to be broken down by stock/modified?

Also, may still be too early to ask, but any word on how much it's going to be to enter your car and when to sign up?

NJSPEEDER 03-08-2007 03:42 PM

we don't have class designations to seperate stock and modified yet. that is something that will be added once the show is bigger.

not exactly sure about pricing yet. i will talk to the track and have prices posted up soon though. car show will only be a little bit more than a regular spectator entry for the day. that will get the car and the driver in, any additional passengers will have to pay the specator entry.

camaroracer1992 03-08-2007 03:43 PM

i cant wait for the nats ill be showing this year as well :)

396LT1SS 04-05-2007 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonzoHansen (Post 297748)
Who asked, a guy with a pace car? :) You expect a lot of pace cars?

How about best of each generation?

best of generation sounds good

Tru2Chevy 04-12-2007 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 396LT1SS (Post 330822)
best of generation sounds good

As mentioned above, we will be having awards go to the best Camaro and Firebird of each of the 4 generations.

- Justin

NJSPEEDER 06-18-2007 03:59 PM

UPDATE:
We are happy to announce that www.FQuick.com has jumped on board to sponsor a pair of the special prizes for the 2007 East Coast F-Body Nationals Car Show.
The Best Camaro and Best Firebird award winners will receive a specialy engraved plaque to recognize their achievement.
Special thanks to www.FQuick.com for stepping in and supporting the East Coast Nats.

Blackbirdws6 06-18-2007 07:28 PM

very cool! BTW, should the 4th gen catagory be split into two groups? Such as best LTX for camaro/firebird and best LSX for camaro/firebird?

-Brian