NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/index.php)
-   Racer's Lounge (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Not a F-body, but a new best nevertheless (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/showthread.php?t=68053)

98tadriver 09-13-2017 10:54 AM

Not a F-body, but a new best nevertheless

The fool's running a Hondaaaa 2000..

2003 (Ap1)

F20C 2liter, naturally aspirated

Bolt ons, tuned by me with Aem ems2

Street tires

Raceweight 2770

With a 9,000rpm redline and peak torque at 7500rpm, I learned that it requires a 9,000rpm launch off the 2 step and just the right amount of clutch slip; or it will bog lol.

https://youtu.be/8RZ113G18wA

I have a few more tricks up my sleeve before the end of the season.

Jersey Mike 09-13-2017 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 98tadriver (Post 942237)
The fool's running a Hondaaaa 2000..

strong first post back :lol:

Love those cars.

Blackbirdws6 09-13-2017 01:29 PM

I've driven a handful of AP1/AP2's over the years and secretly (not anymore) want one to mess around with. Great runs. Any reliability issues with it?

sweetbmxrider 09-13-2017 03:57 PM

Da **** i just watch

98tadriver 09-13-2017 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jersey Mike (Post 942239)
strong first post back :lol:

Love those cars.

Thanks Mike! It's been a while, how've ya been? I figured I'd start off with something racing related. Hell, I might even come to a meet before the end of the year lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackbirdws6 (Post 942253)
I've driven a handful of AP1/AP2's over the years and secretly (not anymore) want one to mess around with. Great runs. Any reliability issues with it?

Hey Brian! Where they lack in straight line power (compared to what you're used to lol) they make up for in the twisties. I personally wanted the Ap1 because of the higher, 9k redline and the lack of traction control or stability control. I assume a little more throttle response too, since the Ap1 has the cable driven throttle body, where as the ap2 has drive by wire.

The Ap2's have a little more displacement (.2 liter) and torque due to the longer stroke, but the red line is around 8300rpm. The Ap2 also has a lower secondary gear reduction in the trans, which makes 1-4 gear a bit shorter compared to the Ap1. I've been told that the Ap2 rear diff case is a little stronger as well.

On the Ap1, a lot of people recommend changing out the intake valve retainers with Ap2 because they say they can crack, which could lead to a dropped valve.

Other than that, reliability wise, it's a Honda lol. Keep up on the maintenance and it will last a long time.

Also, learning how to adjust the valves on them helps out quite a bit. I feel as if that is often overlooked. I can't leave stuff well enough alone lol, so I check them every so often to make sure im on the tighter side of spec and getting the most hp out of it.

98tadriver 09-13-2017 04:15 PM

P.s, My dear mods and Admins, It's been so long, I posted this in the wrong section lol. Could you please put this in the Racers Lounge? Thank you.

Featherburner 09-13-2017 05:19 PM

What is the ultimate goal for the car? Are you staying bolt ons or are you going to go further with mods? Nice progress so far!

DadsZ28 09-13-2017 08:03 PM

WTF!!! Captain Ron blazing another trail lol.:shock:

LS1ow 09-14-2017 07:22 AM

God that was glorious ! I love me a S2k, dont really fit in one well, but ive driven a few and i love it.

Anti_Rice_Guy 09-14-2017 10:21 AM

How many transmissions have you broken?

98tadriver 09-14-2017 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Featherburner (Post 942268)
What is the ultimate goal for the car? Are you staying bolt ons or are you going to go further with mods? Nice progress so far!

I'd like to see a 12.75 as a bolt on car before the end of the season. As far as ultimate goals go, I'm always changing my mind, so who knows lol. I was thinking about supercharging it next year. I do plan on going to NJMP for some twisties at least once before the end of this season. If I like it (which I probably will), I might focus on that a little more next season.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DadsZ28 (Post 942273)
WTF!!! Captain Ron blazing another trail lol.:shock:

Haha you know me all too well :lol:
I'm going to blaze a new trail with the Saturn too!

Quote:

Originally Posted by LS1ow (Post 942283)
God that was glorious ! I love me a S2k, dont really fit in one well, but ive driven a few and i love it.

It's definitely one of my favorite cars. As cliche' as it sounds, the s2k is alot like a go kart. I was a little worried about fitment, since the wheel doesn't tilt. But at 6'1, i fit well. I haven't been to a gym in a while, so that helps me fit in the seat better lol, and there's a little room to grow, should I decide to see the gym again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anti_Rice_Guy (Post 942284)
How many transmissions have you broken?

Had the synchros wear out a little on the first one lol

LS1ow 09-14-2017 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 98tadriver (Post 942288)
I'
It's definitely one of my favorite cars. As cliche' as it sounds, the s2k is alot like a go kart. I was a little worried about fitment, since the wheel doesn't tilt. But at 6'1, i fit well. I haven't been to a gym in a while, so that helps me fit in the seat better lol, and there's a little room to grow, should I decide to see the gym again.

Im 5'10 vertically i clear no prob... horizontally im pretty challenged however:rofl:

98tadriver 09-14-2017 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider (Post 942263)
Da **** i just watch

My bad Adam, I missed your quote .

To answer your question, you just watched how a S2000 should be launched lol

sweetbmxrider 09-15-2017 04:03 PM

:rofl::rofl: