NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   So what's your winter project(s)? (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/showthread.php?t=68203)

WildBillyT 11-28-2017 02:42 PM

So what's your winter project(s)?

Figured I'd start a thread while a lot of us are in the planning stages.

Nova's mostly got to sit until warmer weather (too cold for paint), but in the meantime I'm going to start working on some of the interior parts that need attention. All of that gold/green has to go. And the hacked instrument bezel needs some attention.

What do you guys have going on?

PolarBear 11-28-2017 02:59 PM

I guess I will work on eating over the winter. :rofl:
Maybe get at the Suburban frame swap. And after that I think I want to start doing the cab floor in the pickup

wretched73 11-28-2017 02:59 PM

Since my car is just a rolling shell, I'm planning on bending up and installing my own roll cage. I'd also like to plan out a fuel cell, which I plan on making myself as well.

I have to finish assembling the motor for my truck so I can install that in the spring. Plus I have some work that absolutely has to be done before the spring. I'm tired of it looming over my head.

unstable bob gable 11-28-2017 03:10 PM

I may be doing a big turbo swap in the Spirit.

LS1ow 11-28-2017 03:17 PM

getting my car to run !

For those who have not been a part of it, check out the build thread below. Plenty of laughs and even more helpful info for a ton of stuff in there from a handful of member.

http://www.njfboa.org/forums/showthread.php?t=67204

Blackbirdws6 11-28-2017 03:22 PM

My pops is still plugging away on the 81 TTA. He is making some good progress and would say he is about 80% of the way ready for paint. I think it is going to come out really nice.

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w...pshqf7nr8p.jpg

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w...pstc3gfngd.jpg

As for my bird, I'm likely going to replace the clutch hydraulics (new master and slave). I have my eye on the tick master cylinder to replace the Wilwood that came with the McLeod street twin setup. I would also like to get a new front brake system on the car. The Sam Strano kit looks great but will require me to get larger drag front runners for track days.

BonzoHansen 11-28-2017 03:31 PM

^^Nice progress!

I am currently neck deep in fuel & brakes lines and a new fuel tank in the truck. Fun times.

The Z is just getting a lot of bolts tightened and things cleaned.

Jersey Mike 11-28-2017 04:08 PM

T56 swap over the winter, new seats waiting go in, replacing the windshield, re-tint, and finally putting the Kenwood DD in this car.

Just gotta find the time/energy now to start the installs.

LS1ow 11-28-2017 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jersey Mike (Post 944738)
T56 swap over the winter, new seats waiting go in, replacing the windshield, re-tint, and finally putting the Kenwood DD in this car.

The car hasn't taken a backseat to your poinsettia farm?

in all seriousness, this car should be a beaut when its done.

ar0ck 11-28-2017 04:18 PM

I gave it to someone else to work on... so saving money. Planning for seats & a carpet in the spring.

//<86TA>\\ 11-28-2017 05:14 PM

I'm in the middle of adding a northwest fab black box underdrive and new driveshafts to my jeep truck. After that, my 92 can get back in the garage so I can finish putting the nose back together and finish putting the interior back in, then its for sale...

If time allows I might blow the dust off my 86, been sitting for a couple years now.

MDSheds_SS 11-28-2017 05:59 PM

Might be something coming through customs as we speak....

Featherburner 11-28-2017 06:50 PM

The boy and I are going to work on installing all the parts on the million dollar shelf!

ThoR294 11-28-2017 07:13 PM

my subaru, but idk if i can make it a project if i need it for the snow lol

Jersey Mike 11-28-2017 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LS1ow (Post 944740)
in all seriousness, this car should be a beaut when its done.

Thanks bud. Still a long road left, but it'll be "something"
:lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by MDSheds_SS (Post 944743)
Might be something coming through customs as we speak....

Casual...

deadtrend1 11-28-2017 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jersey Mike (Post 944738)

Which kenwood, i had a dnx570 and it was a total piece. Will never buy kenwood again after that catastrophe.

We put the aux fuel cell in before our island rental, so aside from getting the right jets, i dont habe really anything this winter. Need new helmet cause mine expired though.

BonzoHansen 11-28-2017 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Featherburner (Post 944745)
The boy and I are going to work on installing all the parts on the million dollar shelf!

So putting more parts on the shelf or actually installing them on the car? :mrgreen:

It's like a festivus miracle!

deadtrend1 11-28-2017 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonzoHansen (Post 944750)
So putting more parts on the shelf or actually installing them on the car? :mrgreen:

It's like a festivus miracle!

Are we going to air our grievences or skip to feats of strength?

Jersey Mike 11-28-2017 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deadtrend1 (Post 944749)
Which kenwood, i had a dnx570 and it was a total piece. Will never buy kenwood again after that catastrophe.

Same one that was in my last car; DNX7120 I believe. Pulled it out of the old car and never installed it in this new one.

It's old tech though, and I'm debating going to something newer though. We'll see how I feel after it's in.

ThoR294 11-28-2017 08:58 PM

House is first project. Painting, 1st floor bathroom total makeover.

Next is this Ford being a typical ****ing Ford (starter, trans cooler lines, rear brakes, rr bearing)
https://i.imgur.com/5JOW6Zwl.jpg

Next is Subaru motor/trans, brakes, sway bars, exhaust.

SRGN 11-28-2017 11:55 PM

3 Attachment(s)
25.3 chassis. Finish building the TT setup.

Anti_Rice_Guy 11-29-2017 06:59 AM

Home:
Organize my garage to make a home for the Camaro.
Finish up odds and ends while I live there.

Camaro:
None, maybe replace a few interior plastics.

Sea Doo:
Had water past the motor mounts after the driveshaft seal failed last time it was out. Insurance is paying for new motor mounts, re-alignment, new electronics, etc. so I don't have any plans of my own :-x Will probably end up throwing in a more aggressive tune.

Explorer:
Repaint frame before snow, upgrade headlights

sweetbmxrider 11-29-2017 10:23 AM

Get trans to do things

wretched73 11-29-2017 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider (Post 944770)
Get trans to do things

Great plan!

LTb1ow 11-29-2017 12:04 PM

-New radiator (fab bottom brace and chop out OEM)
-Two step boogywoogy
-Weld up cold side
-Redo do trans cooler mount and FMIC mount
-Tint
-Change fluids in all teh things
-Examine and adjust drivetrain
-Seal up firewall, tired of smelling fumes

Simple stuff for the most part, gotta beat BLS at the race to nines :bertstare: