NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/index.php)
-   North Jersey (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   North photo shoot? (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/showthread.php?t=24123)

LS1Hawk 03-09-2007 06:41 AM

North photo shoot?

Just wanted throw the idea out there for getting some of us Northern folk together to take some pictures of our cars once the warmer weather gets here. I think we tried to do this last year, but nothing ever happened. If anyone has any ideas, knows some good spots, post up and maybe we can get something going.

ar0ck 03-09-2007 08:23 AM

I'm trying to buy a new Canon Rebel XT but funds are very low right now :-(

I've had a few ideas actually and have been on the look out for some good spots that are suitable for large groups of us. One of my ideas was to have someone drive my pick-up down the highway one late afternoon, and take pictures of the cars passing by and such, I think action pictures would comoe out crazy! I love industrial settings too, modern technology type buildings sound awesome with "modern" muscle, but usually cops will hastle you. Can't forget parking garages, keep on the look out for large ones that are tall, and have good white lighting no yellow stuff. The biggest thing to avoid though is doing burn-outs, it attracts too much attention.

I wrote down a list of potential places at home, that I'll post later.

LS1Hawk 03-09-2007 09:27 AM

Yeah, some kind of factory/industrial setting would be cool. Also I was thinking something outdoors, like a lake/woodland setting. I'm not really interested in doing any fast and furious type crap. Just somewhere we have a enough space to park the cars and get some good shoots in. But it would be cool to get some shots of the cars cruising down the road.

The Fixer 03-09-2007 11:11 AM

I've looked around Paramus and such for a good photo shot area, but haven't had much luck. I'd like to find a building with mirrored windows on the lower level, so you can park the car and see the reflection of it in the background. That would be killer!

ar0ck 03-09-2007 11:19 AM

I found something close by Bergen, but its not level. For nature stuff I was thinking campgaw by Ramapo, i thought it was really nice up there and when i went on a late Sunday it was pretty much deserted. Also we could do bear mountain again with 7-lakes drive, or we could go up Skyline drive, or even further up rt.23.

LS1Hawk 03-09-2007 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TPI Monte SS (Post 321955)
I've looked around Paramus and such for a good photo shot area, but haven't had much luck. I'd like to find a building with mirrored windows on the lower level, so you can park the car and see the reflection of it in the background. That would be killer!

Or we could just stand a bunch of mirrors up behind the cars :lol:

LS1Hawk 03-09-2007 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TransAm4Life (Post 321956)
I found something close by Bergen, but its not level. For nature stuff I was thinking campgaw by Ramapo, i thought it was really nice up there and when i went on a late Sunday it was pretty much deserted. Also we could do bear mountain again with 7-lakes drive, or we could go up Skyline drive, or even further up rt.23.

Campqaw could be a possibility... the more deserted a place the better, and it's not too far north for people that might come from more south or west areas of North NJ. But I do like the idea of 7 lakes/Bear Mountain... guess it all depends on who we get that's interested.

enRo 03-09-2007 01:09 PM

Well, my car isnt picture worthy until I get my cowl hood + ducktail spoiler painted and installed... plus i need rims ... so Im out of any type of photoshoots for a while, but Ill gladly take pics with my 10mpx camera :-D

396LT1SS 03-09-2007 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigDaddyKane (Post 321973)
Well, my car isnt picture worthy until I get my cowl hood + ducktail spoiler painted and installed... plus i need rims ... so Im out of any type of photoshoots for a while, but Ill gladly take pics with my 10mpx camera :-D

what rims you goin w/ noah?? i was thinkin about changin up to some fikse myself

also weren't we talkin about doin the photo shoot at the pax amicus in budd lake last year....what ever happened to that???

enRo 03-09-2007 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 396LT1SS (Post 321976)
what rims you goin w/ noah?? i was thinkin about changin up to some fikse myself

also weren't we talkin about doin the photo shoot at the pax amicus in budd lake last year....what ever happened to that???

I forgot about Pax Amicus!!! lmao

Dunno what rims im going with just yet... prolly some kinda black rims w/polished lip.

35thls1ss19 03-09-2007 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 396LT1SS (Post 321976)

you still got that slow car of yours ;) lol

you goin to drp the dough on some fikse? FM5s? i was thinking ccw's this year well see what my pocket allows lol

DaSkinnyGuy 03-09-2007 10:34 PM

How about the Trade Zone in Mount olive

Bigdaddy your not keeping your torque thrust rims?

enRo 03-10-2007 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaSkinnyGuy (Post 322050)
How about the Trade Zone in Mount olive

Bigdaddy your not keeping your torque thrust rims?

I sold those ages ago.

firehawk1120 03-10-2007 11:41 AM

I may be up for a photo shoot, but I have no idea where to go.

ar0ck 03-10-2007 12:05 PM

I'm going out this afternoon if the weather clears to shoot some pics of my friends Stang.

NJSPEEDER 03-10-2007 03:48 PM

very cool idea. once you guys get an idea of date/time together let me know and i will add it to the club's on site calendar. i woudl also suggest putting up a thread in the "other events" forum to see how many others woudl be interested in attending.
we will be starting to collect pictures for the 2008 NJFBOA calendar soon as well. :D

chrisfrom nj 03-10-2007 05:08 PM

i know a good place in west orange on pleasent valley way on the way to south orange the reservation

EchoMirage 03-10-2007 07:53 PM

id be up for it, no doubt. especially if i make it into the calender....dont know of any good places though. maybe a wooded setting? NW jersey, sussex cnty area? sharps plaza off 17 has nice open lots, with woods in the background. or maybe someplace in the meadowlands here.

firehawk1120 03-10-2007 08:18 PM

I can be there in oh about 5 min... :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisfrom nj (Post 322185)
i know a good place in west orange on pleasent valley way on the way to south orange the reservation

01SS 03-10-2007 10:01 PM

Well if everyone didnt mind throwing out a little cash the rooftop parking lot at Philly Airport is usually pretty empty and fairly large. Just an idea.

Ian 03-10-2007 11:18 PM

no need to go to philly for an empty parking garage, there is one in somerville.

I found a few good spots last summer...pics are here

EchoMirage 03-11-2007 12:08 AM

what about sandy hook? lots of photo-ops there. including the naked beach....

Jaded1983 03-11-2007 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TPI Monte SS (Post 321955)

what about the office building in the mack cali center by paramus park? that whole thing is mirrored....and no one is there on sundays!

LS1Hawk 03-11-2007 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaded1983 (Post 322388)
what about the office building in the mack cali center by paramus park? that whole thing is mirrored....and no one is there on sundays!

That would rock. Where exactly is it? Is it on 17?

396LT1SS 03-12-2007 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 35thls1ss19 (Post 321986)
you still got that slow car of yours ;) lol

you goin to drp the dough on some fikse? FM5s? i was thinking ccw's this year well see what my pocket allows lol

lol yeah CJ i still got my slow pos....i've been chasing an ignition gremlin for the past month or two... no other upgrade i have my 42# injectors sitting in the box....thinkin about the fm5's but the wheels aren't cheap and neither are a set of 315/30/18's for the back, probably won't happen it's alot of dough......but it looks like you got your peak hp up alittle bit any more mods or just dyno time? I can't wait for the weather to break....we can break out our BEASTS....who knows maybe i'll put more than 600 miles on it this year