NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/index.php)
-   Multimedia (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Voting for March Car of the Month (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/showthread.php?t=41703)

Tru2Chevy 02-25-2009 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NastyEllEssWon (Post 551859)
i have a question. am i allowed to enter a vehicle that i have purchased but am awaiting delivery on>?

You are allowed to submit an actual photo of any car that you own...doesn't have to be sitting in your driveway while you post the pic.

- Justin

Saitin 02-25-2009 09:58 PM

weeksauce I hit number 4 earlier lol is it possible to get my vote moved.

Firebird 02-25-2009 10:02 PM

would non fbody have chance of being car of the month?

Mike 02-25-2009 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firebird (Post 551911)
would non fbody have chance of being car of the month?

no. for a few months i did an unofficial non-fbody of the month....but it didnt take off so i stopped

Zero4488 02-25-2009 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tru2Chevy (Post 551744)
A new thread accepting pictures for Car of the Month for April will be posted here in a few days. If you want your car considered, you can submit a picture then, or you can just go on complaining. End of discussion.

- Justin

Whose complaining???? If you can disqualify you can have a late nomination....but thats neither here nor there....Between the cell phone pics and the Nazi like regime on street racing I barely visit this board anyway....I bid to you a good day sir......

Tsar 02-26-2009 08:19 AM

Damn, you surely complain a lot for a newb :lol:

BonzoHansen 02-26-2009 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zero4488 (Post 551942)
Whose complaining???? If you can disqualify you can have a late nomination....but thats neither here nor there....Between the cell phone pics and the Nazi like regime on street racing I barely visit this board anyway....I bid to you a good day sir......

Yes, it is so terrible to wait until next month. Damn Justin holding you down like that, asking you to follow the same rules as everyone else. Quick, someone call the ACLU. You do realize you sound like a spoiled brat, right?

And let’s all shed more tears for you not being able to post about illegal and dangerous street racing that gives all automotive enthusiasts a bad name. Damn us for not condoning such activities. We are the ultimate in oppressors. :rolleyes: Stop whining about it in multiple threads. We get it, you disagree.

Don't let the door hit you in the ass as you downshift outta here.

Mark68 02-26-2009 10:17 AM

X2, couldn't have said it better myself!

LTb1ow 02-26-2009 11:32 AM

When does next months doors open for pics anyway?

And woo for idiots other than me. hehe.

NJ346 02-26-2009 09:15 PM

All this love for 1st gens makes me want to:barf:

Tru2Chevy 02-26-2009 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shownomercy (Post 552025)
When does next months doors open for pics anyway?

Next month ;)

- Justin

LTb1ow 02-26-2009 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tru2Chevy (Post 552269)
Next month ;)

- Justin

LOL right right... dunno what I was thinking.... :mrgreen:

ar0ck 02-26-2009 10:09 PM

Nice cars but the pictures don't do them justice. Should be a restriction on driveway and parking lot pictures.

LTb1ow 02-26-2009 10:11 PM

Not to start a debate, but that kinda bugs me about the COTM. I am no photographer and more likely than not, my camera is not the best, and that pretty much kills any chance of me winning. Its more about how great of a "picture" it is than the car shown... IMO

Mike 02-26-2009 10:15 PM

the picture of my car that is this months was taken by a point and shoot camera

LTb1ow 02-26-2009 10:18 PM

I suppose, but more often than not "action" shots are not entered correct?

Mike 02-26-2009 10:25 PM

i think mine was the first.......but all that means is no one submits them

LTb1ow 02-26-2009 10:27 PM

Well yea, and no, the wheelstand man won a few months ago. ;)

Ah well, I don't wanna start an arguement just kinda seeing how others felt.

Knipps 02-26-2009 10:33 PM

It's not always the camera but the location, the car sitting in your driveway covered in snow won't get my vote. throw it somewhere unique and you've got a much better chance

Mike 02-26-2009 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shownomercy (Post 552289)
Well yea, and no, the wheelstand man won a few months ago. ;)

Ah well, I don't wanna start an arguement just kinda seeing how others felt.

ahh forgot about bills car......

im not trying to argue, i just think that no matter how "great" a picture is taken, no one here would vote for a junk car....... and no matter how "great" a car is, no one would vote for it if half is washed out by the sun or flash, and the other half is overwhelmed by the rusted f150 parked next to it in the local walmart lot.

its definitely a combination of car and photo.

DevilDougWS6 02-26-2009 11:08 PM

i agree with mike. the photo should atleast be a half decent attempt at a good shot. regardless of what kind of camera is used, the angle, location, and time of day will make a good picture.

69BirdX 02-27-2009 02:56 AM

Its def a combo. I just try taking cool pics because i go out and do it for fun. so wh y not use them for this. Id rather lose every month. It keeps me going out trying to take good pics

Mark68 02-27-2009 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJNETSFAN (Post 552252)
All this love for 1st gens makes me want to:barf:

What's your problem with 1st gens Vinnie? You think that your better than us because you own a 99!! I thought that this forum was for all owners of f-bodies not just certain ones that you feel deserve the attention. I for one like all f-bodies and think that they deserve equal consideration when it comes to judging them for the COTM. Maybe everyone else on here could chime in and let me know how they feel on this subject.

Thanks,
Mark

NJ346 02-27-2009 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark68 (Post 552323)
What's your problem with 1st gens Vinnie? You think that your better than us because you own a 99!! I thought that this forum was for all owners of f-bodies not just certain ones that you feel deserve the attention. I for one like all f-bodies and think that they deserve equal consideration when it comes to judging them for the COTM. Maybe everyone else on here could chime in and let me know how they feel on this subject.

Thanks,
Mark

It was somewhat sarcasm. I do love the styling of the first gens and if it wasn't for them, there would be no 99 like I have. I'm just saying that if the cars in pictures 6 and 8 were not as old as they are, those pictures wouldn't get nearly as many votes as they have. I understand this is COTM, but the background of the picture does have something to do with it. I don't see how just taking a picture of your car in a parking lot with other cars should be good enough to win. But this is just my opinion....

Mike 02-27-2009 12:59 PM

vinnie if you had left the other pic up, you would have gotten my vote.......the pic you changed it to does nothing for me, personally im just not a fan of all the editing