NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Hot rod power tour (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/showthread.php?t=67799)

firebirdcrazy 06-01-2017 02:19 PM

Hot rod power tour

Anyone doing the hot rod power tour this year? I'm always doing it by myself.

PolarBear 06-02-2017 07:25 AM

Where does it start and stop this year?

firebirdcrazy 06-02-2017 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PolarBear (Post 938325)
Where does it start and stop this year?

Kansas City Missouri ending in Bowling Greene Kentucky . This year the Indianapolis raceway is a stop again. Hopefully we get to drive on that's like other years!

PolarBear 06-02-2017 08:01 AM

I would be interested, but I don't think I have enough time off now. When would you leave to get to the start?

IROCZman15 06-02-2017 09:21 AM

damn, that is another thing on my bucket-list. I know it sounds dumb to phrase it this way.. but I wish it was kinda closer. I remember the one year about 10 years ago, the final leg of it ran from Pittsburgh Pa area to englishtown. if I wasn't stuck in the middle of a busy work time, I would have done at least that leg. As it was I did take the camaro down to englishtown that day and watched the parade of cars roll in. I got to see that silver prototype 5th gen camaro in person (it was jut a roller i think) and talked to a whole bunch of people

Jeez, I want to do a power tour .. probably not the long haul.. but I would really have to plan this out

firebirdcrazy 06-02-2017 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PolarBear (Post 938330)
I would be interested, but I don't think I have enough time off now. When would you leave to get to the start?

Quote:

Originally Posted by IROCZman15 (Post 938340)
damn, that is another thing on my bucket-list. I know it sounds dumb to phrase it this way.. but I wish it was kinda closer. I remember the one year about 10 years ago, the final leg of it ran from Pittsburgh Pa area to englishtown. if I wasn't stuck in the middle of a busy work time, I would have done at least that leg. As it was I did take the camaro down to englishtown that day and watched the parade of cars roll in. I got to see that silver prototype 5th gen camaro in person (it was jut a roller i think) and talked to a whole bunch of people

Jeez, I want to do a power tour .. probably not the long haul.. but I would really have to plan this out

I do have an open seat for someone who wants to share the cost, driving, and lookout patrol when in the passenger seat lol. This is especially good to those photographers.

I will be leaving sometime 1 or 2 am Friday morning on the 9 th. I have invitation for the hot rod dinner party to commence the festivities.

PolarBear 06-02-2017 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by firebirdcrazy (Post 938346)
I will be leaving sometime 1 or 2 am Friday morning on the 9 th. I have invitation for the hot rod dinner party to commence the festivities.

Yeah, I definitely don't have 6+ days left to use this year :-?

Anti_Rice_Guy 06-02-2017 01:26 PM

If you give a little more notice you might catch someone :wink:. I could possibly be in for a future year if given a few months notice. I usually plan my vacations out in January or so.