NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/index.php)
-   Welcome / Introduction (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Oldie stopping in to say hi (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/showthread.php?t=59243)

Fozzi58 03-07-2012 09:15 AM

Oldie stopping in to say hi

1 Attachment(s)
Haven't been on the boards in a while but I try and keep up with the newsletters at least.

I got busy wit 2 kids, a day job and a part time biz so my "4th favorite woman" has been garage bound for a long time. I only drive her a couple times a years to blow the dust off her and make sure it still works well. Hopefully I can get out a bit more this year now that the little girls are growing up a bit.

Looking for a North Jersey event - don't see any. Did we lose that many people from up here? Hopefully I can hook up with some of the crew at an event soon.

Anti_Rice_Guy 03-07-2012 09:19 AM

Welcome back, hope to see you out soon!

Some North members have gone slightly inactive. We rotate monthly meets more often to Central now (north, central, south, central, north) since Central is....more centrally located for everyone :lol:.

Don't be afraid to drive an hour away, we usually have a nice convoy going.

Jersey Mike 03-07-2012 09:29 AM

You're in Clifton. There are a few of us Northeast guys active here. Wayne or a few spots in Bergen County are pretty central. Hope to see that car around as the weather improves.

LS1ow 03-07-2012 09:32 AM

woah never seen that car around ! im right by clifton in Carlsadt. i just made a thread about the Whiskey Cafe, maybe one day this summer you can ditch the 3 other ladys and bring the mistress down to the show ! ;)

maroman88 03-07-2012 10:19 AM

welcome back!

Fozzi58 03-07-2012 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jersey Mike (Post 816645)
You're in Clifton. There are a few of us Northeast guys active here. Wayne or a few spots in Bergen County are pretty central. Hope to see that car around as the weather improves.

I remember the Hooters in Wayne meets back in '06/'07. A bunch of us from here started a car show at Bennegins in Saddle Brook. That went on for a while too.

I'll have to dig up some old pics. A bunch of us got together and went on a run to Harriman. I got some footage to share.

Fozzi58 03-07-2012 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LS1ow (Post 816647)
woah never seen that car around ! im right by clifton in Carlsadt. i just made a thread about the Whiskey Cafe, maybe one day this summer you can ditch the 3 other ladys and bring the mistress down to the show ! ;)

I read your post in the North sub-forum. I haven't been to Whiskey's in 6 years or more. The mistress picked up a scratch there and I never went back again. I was doing a lot of shows in '05 & 06'. Slowed down in 07 and haven't even been to a show since then.

I definitely want to get back into the scene. My baby needs a little TLC and she'll be back to show condition again.

Jersey Mike 03-07-2012 12:24 PM

My car needs a respray, and you can be assured anything LS1ow drives will be covered in vinyl. Your paint is likely fine for the hangouts :lol:
The Hooters in Wayne is awesome. I think a lot of groups often meet there. Would love to find a regular spot for the northeast crew... Preferably somewhere very close to me :lol:

maroman88 03-07-2012 12:39 PM

i used to go to bennigans in saddle brook once in a while back in 04-05ish, still do wiskey whenever im off on weekends

T69SS 03-07-2012 01:30 PM

Welcome back!

LS1ow 03-07-2012 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jersey Mike (Post 816705)
My car needs a respray, and you can be assured anything LS1ow drives will be covered in vinyl. Your paint is likely fine for the hangouts :lol:
The Hooters in Wayne is awesome. I think a lot of groups often meet there. Would love to find a regular spot for the northeast crew... Preferably somewhere very close to me :lol:

nail on the head. i have a nice car for 2 weeks, and then i always end up the victom of an accident.

1320B4U 03-07-2012 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jersey Mike (Post 816705)
Would love to find a regular spot for the northeast crew... Preferably somewhere very close to me :lol:

Why don't we get something planned for the northeast section? What about the Hooters on 17? (paramus)...or the redrobin on rt 3...anything.

LS1ow 03-07-2012 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1320B4U (Post 816746)
Why don't we get something planned for the northeast section? What about the Hooters on 17? (paramus)...or the redrobin on rt 3...anything.

red robin sounds amazingggg :drool:

Jersey Mike 03-07-2012 02:59 PM

Hooters on 17 has **** for parking.

Did you guys ever go to the Wyckoff Wednesday meets? Good turnout, but not enough F-Bodies went. How about that? Wyckoff DMV lot, about 7PM: 430 Greenwood Ave, Wyckoff, NJ 07481

Huge parking lot, and no one every bothers you. Lots of options for food nearby, as well as other huge parking lots surrounding it. And, in a few more weeks, other cars will start coming there too, in anticipation of the shows that used to be held there in previous summers.

...I'll actually bring my TA out if we do that :lol:

1320B4U 03-07-2012 06:33 PM

I'll go to a few in wyckoff...i guess lets start a thread on that in the coming weeks. Sorry to divert this original thread.

Fozzi58 03-08-2012 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jersey Mike (Post 816764)
Hooters on 17 has **** for parking.

Did you guys ever go to the Wyckoff Wednesday meets? Good turnout, but not enough F-Bodies went. How about that? Wyckoff DMV lot, about 7PM: 430 Greenwood Ave, Wyckoff, NJ 07481

Huge parking lot, and no one every bothers you. Lots of options for food nearby, as well as other huge parking lots surrounding it. And, in a few more weeks, other cars will start coming there too, in anticipation of the shows that used to be held there in previous summers.

...I'll actually bring my TA out if we do that :lol:

I was a regular at Wyckoff for 2 summers. Me n WitchyGirl (78 FB) used to chill out there with a couple of the other oldies.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LS1ow (Post 816750)
red robin sounds amazingggg :drool:

No to Red Robin. j/k

I would like my car to at least get warm driving to my destination. Outside of backing out of my driveway, I can basically coast to RR.

Tru2Chevy 03-11-2012 03:36 PM

Hey, Welcome back!

- Justin

qwikz28 03-11-2012 06:09 PM

The Hooters Wayne meets were fun. The good ol days. Welcome back!

omarcamaro 03-11-2012 06:18 PM

i finaly got my car together down to do something local

greenformula92 03-13-2012 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qwikz28 (Post 817885)
The Hooters Wayne meets were fun. The good ol days. Welcome back!

anything w/hooters involved is a great time