NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   And the hits keep comming (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/showthread.php?t=69020)

ted gerlach 01-20-2020 03:49 PM

And the hits keep comming

i know its been a long time since i have been on here but i figured i would let you all know what happened to me,
most if not all know i was wiped out buy super storm sandy, took 6 years to finally get back on feet. i sold out tried to get back into it then tried cutting up impala ss and i finally just gave up and sold almost everything.

these are the projects i have left is the 56 ford, and 95 impala ss, 98 suburban 2500
i have my ram wife has her suburban and my son who now has a permit has a trail blazer ss [ lets see how long MOTOR KNOCKS ] back up plan is a v6 convertible mustang

during the last 5 1/2 years i worked a tow truck on the garden state parkway, in july at 3 am in morning a guy missed his exit in brick and well he decided to back up, unfortunately he was in the slow lane and i was heading south in tow truck in the same lane and we collided, after collision the truck made a hard left and hit concrete wall, he was uninjured, unfortunately i was, went to hospital, cut forehead, and my shoulder was hurt, bulged / herniated disc, fast forward to 2 weeks ago workman's comp finally approved surgery so no i am down and out for 8 to 10 weeks,

i am up in air on what to due, i need to put 98 suburban interior back together and sell, might have friend pick up 95 ss and get the brake lines and ac compressor in it, plus whatever else it will need from sitting

UPDATE,
healing well, no strength thats going to take some time, 1 more week till i am able to drive,

sweetbmxrider 01-20-2020 04:32 PM

Damn Ted, glad it wasn't more serious. Hope you recovery quickly and fully. Hang in there...

Anti_Rice_Guy 01-20-2020 04:34 PM

Glad to hear you're at least on a path to healing.

How down and out are you? Is it feasible for you and your son to finish the 98 during your hiatus?

ted gerlach 01-20-2020 05:46 PM

its tough, cant tell by talking to me but very depressed,
all i can say is thank god i have a very loving, understanding wife with patience of a saint and awesome kids willing to help
teddy and sean my 2 oldest sons are just waiting for me to fell better so i can tell them what to do, only 2 weeks since surgery,
my friend mark has agreed to work on impala hes making room at his house now so thats a step in rite direction

IROCZman15 01-20-2020 06:04 PM

wow, thats awful Ted. the bad luck really has bit you hard. Sorry to hear that. I hope you have a speedy but proper recovery. Workmans comp can be tricky, so best of luck with that. keep in touch as you are able to, just know we wish you the best. you have been on the board for a long long time.

3.4 grape of wrath 01-20-2020 07:52 PM

Sorry to hear of your misfortune. Hope your surgery goes well and you heal up quickly. Sounds like you have a great wife and kids to help you through it all. Hang in there. God bless.

unstable bob gable 01-20-2020 09:53 PM

All the best wishes to you, Ted Gerlach.

PolarBear 01-21-2020 08:23 PM

That sucks Ted. get batter

ted gerlach 02-06-2020 04:40 PM

some good news, i am out of brace and able to drive, thats a whole new experience still dont have alot of rotation with shoulder, going to have to work on that, next friday i go to doctor's, wish me luck he puts me on light duty and i will be able to go back to work light duty, 6 weeks no pay is killing me, and its at least 3 more weeks untill first check,

unstable bob gable 02-07-2020 03:48 PM

Glad to hear things are progressing for you, Ted Gerlach

maroman88 02-08-2020 03:30 PM

jeez man. speedy recovery sir.