NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/index.php)
-   In Car Entertainment (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   good speakers for the camaro (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/showthread.php?t=39630)

sweetbmxrider 12-21-2008 12:57 PM

good speakers for the camaro

what would you guys recommend? i have a blaupunkt miami cd72 head unit going through the stock wiring and amp (factory bose thing) and i seem to blow speakers every now and then. the receiver is rated at 4 x 50W max power amplifier (4 x 26W RMS). i've had some kickers in there, forget the model, and they held up pretty good. i then got infinity kapa's or something like that and blew 2 already. here is a link to crutchfield with all my data in. i'm not sure if i should go with components or not. i have blown out tweeters and woofers so i don't think it would make a difference. i listen to my tunes loud so that is a factor. my music choice is mostly rock. i do like some good bass though. i have 2 jl subs and they are pretty good but a little more would be nice. thanks for the inputs 8-)

btw, shooting for christmas here so ya!

madness410 12-21-2008 01:01 PM

my buddy has infinity kappa speakers in his camaro and they sound amazing

edit: hahah didnt read how you blew infinity kappas already haha

sweetbmxrider 12-21-2008 01:02 PM

yeah they sounded great to till i blew a woofer on 1 and a tweeter on another

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_500SPR1...tml?o=r&tp=105

these seem to fit my criteria. any opinions???

deadtrend1 12-21-2008 02:40 PM

in my LT1, I got Rockfords in the front. They were componets that I just put the woofer in. Im usuing the stock tweeter.

Smae in the back but I got Cerwin Vegs 5.1/4's and it sounds amazing with the factory subs.

sweetbmxrider 12-22-2008 04:09 PM

where are all of the audio guru's?

deadtrend1 12-22-2008 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider (Post 526317)
where are all of the audio guru's?

I know my stuff here. I just haven't messed with car audio really in 6 years so i don't whats in anymore.

TheBandit 12-22-2008 10:55 PM

How much you looking to spend? look at MB Quarts, Diamond audio, and i believe Boston makes some good stuff. I also heard once that Phoenix Gold components sounded good for the price. You can get a PG component system for around $100 i believe.

sweetbmxrider 12-22-2008 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deadtrend1 (Post 526326)
I know my stuff here. I just haven't messed with car audio really in 6 years so i don't whats in anymore.

i was in no way doubting you, i just remember a few threads that a few different people were posting in and they seemed to know a lot. i'm just looking for as many opinions as possible! 8-)

under $150 a pair if for christmas. otherwise under $300 a pair my budget i guess

TheBandit 12-23-2008 09:03 AM

Pair of components and tweeters for the front? are you gonna run them right off the headunit, or use an amp?

sweetbmxrider 12-23-2008 03:30 PM

headunit. if separating them will make it louder and lessen the chance of a blowout, i'll do it.

TheBandit 12-24-2008 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider (Post 526597)
headunit. if separating them will make it louder and lessen the chance of a blowout, i'll do it.

You shouldn't blow anything out hooking it up either way if done correctly.

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAu...roductID=16675
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAu...roductID=19441

Diamond's are a little more expensive, but both would sound good.. that's only the fronts though. You looking to replace everything?

sweetbmxrider 12-25-2008 09:19 AM

yeah eventually everything. i never had a problem with my truck, but when i switched my system over to my v6 camaro then the z28, i blew a couple speakers out in each car. both have the factory bose system so i wasn't sure if that was doing something. i have the proper adapter to hook my stereo up into it. i don't know whats going on.

so going with components with individual crossovers would mean i would have to run speaker wire from the headunit right? i couldn't utilize the factory wiring that goes into factory amps in the doors? or could i? :sneaky:

TheBandit 12-25-2008 10:45 AM

Hmm.. i suppose you could use the factory amp but i wouldn't. imho id get a nice aftermarket amp. Then with the crossovers, amp, and new components it would sound really awesome. Im not sure really how the factory amp looks/works so i couldn't tell you. Get a 4 channel amp and then you can run the sail panels off of it when you get around to buying them. With that setup you would have a nice clean sounding (and loud) setup.

sweetbmxrider 12-25-2008 11:30 AM

yeah i don't know why, but i have been putting off getting an amp for my speakers forever. i guess i just don't want to run all of those wires!!! ahhha well i got some cash for christmas so i might shop car audio. maybe hold out for my bday too in two months :nod:

TheBandit 12-25-2008 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider (Post 527034)
yeah i don't know why, but i have been putting off getting an amp for my speakers forever. i guess i just don't want to run all of those wires!!! ahhha well i got some cash for christmas so i might shop car audio. maybe hold out for my bday too in two months :nod:

Might as well do it right the first time instead of cutting corners and regretting it. :wink: I'd wait till your bday. And wiring is gonna be a bitch but it will sound awesome.

sweetbmxrider 12-25-2008 03:31 PM

haha well my buddy did it in his jeep so ill recruit him for help. i may just rip the interior out and run the wires under the carpet. maybe.....

TheBandit 12-26-2008 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider (Post 527089)
haha well my buddy did it in his jeep so ill recruit him for help. i may just rip the interior out and run the wires under the carpet. maybe.....

Doing it that way would make it easy as hell

Crayface 12-29-2008 01:58 PM

i have had alpine type R speakers in all of my cars i have owned, and never gone wrong. in my opinion they are a little pricey but can be the best speakers out there. Alpine type S is good, R is better and type X is insane if u want a rediculous sound system

sweetbmxrider 12-29-2008 08:38 PM

i am one for ridiculous. i'll have to look them up and see what they got goin on. thanks