NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   $#!%ing Chevy! (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8184)

SpeakersGoBoom 11-22-2004 10:44 PM

$#!%ing Chevy!

Ok, I'm probably taking the iroc down for the meet, and leaving the TA home. Only one problem. The iroc wont start. tried jumping it, and it still didnt do anything. theres enough electricity to bearly power the lights (extremely dim, and when you turn the key, they go off) The most i got out of it was one click. other than that, nothing. Any ideas? If this thing doesnt run by friday, im taking the TA down, but i really would rather take the iroc.

SpeakersGoBoom 11-22-2004 10:45 PM

And before anyone asks...no, the dome light was not left on, or the door open, etc.

Tru2Chevy 11-22-2004 10:47 PM

Has the battery been tested/replaced? How about the starter?

- Justin

SpeakersGoBoom 11-22-2004 10:52 PM

nah. this is Tony were talking about, the same genious who doesnt fully understand why cold air is good for an engine, and decided that rain-x was sufficient to keep spray paint off of his windshield when he decided to primer his car because he didnt like the red. Called me, and i told him id be up durring the afternoon the next day, and i end up doing this myself. :roll: how much is a starter, and how do i test the battery?

misterjuice 11-22-2004 10:55 PM

did you try jump starting it????

SpeakersGoBoom 11-22-2004 11:07 PM

Re: $#!%ing Chevy!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpeakersGoBoom
tried jumping it, and it still didnt do anything.

Tru2Chevy 11-22-2004 11:07 PM

Take the battery to a shop and have them test it.

A remanufactured acdelco started from advance auto parts is $75, then there is a $20 core when you bring the old one back (or just take the old one in when you buy the new one, saaves you a trip.)

- Justin

misterjuice 11-22-2004 11:07 PM

if the lights are dim as you suggest, it might not be the starter, it might be your battery that needs a good charging.... (get a charger for it and hook it up for 6-8 hrs)....I have to do that to my IROC too, cuz i don't drive it much...if not, change the batt....it's like 60-80 from R&S Strauss/Autozone type place.

ar0ck 11-22-2004 11:09 PM

Couldnt an electircal short cause that too?

skorpion317 11-22-2004 11:10 PM

the battery's probably completely drained. jump starting it won't work very well. get a charger, and charge the battery up for a few hours.

SpeakersGoBoom 11-22-2004 11:10 PM

yea. tony doesnt drive it much either. hes gettin his ****s and giggles from his new supercharged monte ss

SpeakersGoBoom 11-22-2004 11:53 PM

just a side note. I find it interesting that in less than an hour (i think) of being up, this site has attracted over 40 people to look at it. it took my n. jersey post about food over a day to get that many hits. I guess its all in the name.:lol:

V 11-23-2004 01:10 AM

wait...before you touch or change anything on that IROC, please let me look at it. I know the entire wiring of it, and i'm the only one who knows. Also the starter is a special 1hp powermaster and should not need to be replaced. I have a volt meter, i'll check it out and find the problem, also there is a remote starter solenoid(ford style) if you havent found it already. The starting/charging system on the car is not stock but it isnt very complicated how i set it up. PM me with an address and i could come out tomorrow to take care of it. I'm 99% sure i'll have it diagnosed within 30 min and fixed within an hour. Just dont take it to a shop, they wont have any clue. thats all. lol

SpeakersGoBoom 11-23-2004 09:07 AM

he lives at the end of 6th street (dead end road) its by park ridge hs. Comming north on kinderkamack, make a left at the wachovia bank, and take that road to the end, by the highschool, make a right at the light, then make your first left, and then turn left onto the first lefthand road (before the blinking light) like i said, he lives at the end of the street. Look for a primered convertable iroc. :lol:

foff667 11-23-2004 09:15 AM

looks like we know who/where's house to egg tonight.

foff667 11-23-2004 09:17 AM

gotta love these modded cars that only THAT owner knows how to fix :lol: with my truck im not even sure if I know how to fix it at this point i did so much to it back in the day :lol: