NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Barn finds still exist (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/showthread.php?t=68693)

wrong generation 12-23-2018 08:56 AM

Barn finds still exist

3 Attachment(s)
Just picked up a 1 owner 1937 buick century.

Got it from my mom's friend. It was her late husband's fathers car. Should be an interesting winter project

wrong generation 12-23-2018 08:59 AM

3 Attachment(s)
It sat in this spot in the garage for like 50 years.

Anti_Rice_Guy 12-23-2018 09:20 AM

A long time coming, man. I know you've been jonesing for an old car forever. What town was it in?

unstable bob gable 12-23-2018 04:03 PM

That's cooler than cool!

qwikz28 12-24-2018 07:24 AM

Whoa! That is awesome! Tell us more about where it was and how you found it. I love those stories.

sweetbmxrider 12-24-2018 09:27 AM

Ls swap????

TaKid455 12-24-2018 01:01 PM

There's a 39 Century coupe in my shop. Not really a 'find' been here since 1979. Dad's car .Best of luck with it Not alot of love for them but neat cars. Enjoy the build

Teds89IROC 12-26-2018 11:46 AM

very cool! please share some more info on how you got it etc, I love these stories too

wrong generation 12-26-2018 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anti_Rice_Guy (Post 950755)
A long time coming, man. I know you've been jonesing for an old car forever. What town was it in?

Lol yeah. This may not be a modelA or 30s truck but it's still interesting and after the failure of a 68 corvair. ( Still miss that car or what was left of it lol. ) This one is in so much better shape. It was in jackson.

Quote:

Originally Posted by qwikz28 (Post 950759)
Whoa! That is awesome! Tell us more about where it was and how you found it. I love those stories.

Ok so here's the story. A couple weeks ago i was at my parents house working in the garage with my dad and uncle. Walked in the house to clean up. And passed my mom and a friend of hers. Who were sitting at the kitchen table drinking coffee and talking (you know doing what old ladies do lol) as i walked past i heard my moms friend mention that she was going to junk that old car in her garage. Me being me. I turned to her and said old car whatcha got?. (Fully expecting her to say some sort of modern ****box) she says 37 buick. At that my interest was peaked. I asked why she was going to junk it. And she told me it was her late husband's fathers car. And she didn't see the reason to have such an old car around. I asked her not to junk it and if i could buy it from her. To which she told me. That i could have it. That I'd be doing her huge favor by removing it from her sight.

unstable bob gable 12-26-2018 09:25 PM

Wow, great story!

Joey D 12-26-2018 09:39 PM

Good stuff

IROCZman15 12-27-2018 05:52 AM

way cool

quite a project !!

Jersey Mike 12-27-2018 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrong generation (Post 950772)
Lol yeah. This may not be a modelA or 30s truck but it's still interesting and after the failure of a 68 corvair. ( Still miss that car or what was left of it lol. ) This one is in so much better shape. It was in jackson.

Ok so here's the story. A couple weeks ago i was at my parents house working in the garage with my dad and uncle. Walked in the house to clean up. And passed my mom and a friend of hers. Who were sitting at the kitchen table drinking coffee and talking (you know doing what old ladies do lol) as i walked past i heard my moms friend mention that she was going to junk that old car in her garage. Me being me. I turned to her and said old car whatcha got?. (Fully expecting her to say some sort of modern ****box) she says 37 buick. At that my interest was peaked. I asked why she was going to junk it. And she told me it was her late husband's fathers car. And she didn't see the reason to have such an old car around. I asked her not to junk it and if i could buy it from her. To which she told me. That i could have it. That I'd be doing her huge favor by removing it from her sight.

Dude, you scored! That's awesome. What are your plans?

wrong generation 12-28-2018 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jersey Mike (Post 950785)
Dude, you scored! That's awesome. What are your plans?

Honestly not sure just yet. Still going thru it. So many idea's flowing thru my mind though thats for sure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider (Post 950760)
Ls swap????

Lol I'm considering an ls or lt swap. But first id like to see if i can get its original straight 8 to fire up and come to life.

sweetbmxrider 12-28-2018 04:33 PM

Got a bad ass lt1 that would love to breath new life into that thing 8-)

wrong generation 01-10-2019 06:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider (Post 950798)
Got a bad ass lt1 that would love to breath new life into that thing 8-)

Lol true that. Lets see what happens after this weekend.

Not much progress just finding mice nests everyehere. Lol