NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/index.php)
-   2009 East Coast F-Body Nationals (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Bracket Racing Class (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/showthread.php?t=42567)

NJSPEEDER 03-25-2009 08:56 PM

Bracket Racing Class

Sticking with the theme of keeping things simple, we are running a pair of bracket classes.

General Rules for Bracket Classes:
Technical Inspection: All vehicles in competition must pass an NHRA technical inspection for the E.T. and M.P.H. they run
Staging: All racers are asked to use courtesy staging. Anyone wishing to deep stage may do so, but the courtesy time provided to get properly deep staged will be up to their opponent.

Street Bracket:
Basics:
The Street Bracket is for cars running an ET of 11.50 or slower. All racing in this class will be on a traditional sportsman tree, competitors are expected to select and write their own dial in time, and all cars must launch from the foot brake only.

Engine: Any automotive type engine

Transmission: Any automotive type automatic or H-pattern manual transmission. No planetary, clutchless shift, air shifted, or Lenco type transmissions allowed. Transbrake prohibited.

Exhaust: All exhaust from engine must pass through automotive muffler(s)

Electronics: No bracket racing aid or ET prediction electronic devices allowed.

Chassis/Suspension:
Suspension is limited to stock style chassis pick up points, bolt on components only. Bolt in replacement K-members are acceptable.

Pro Dial Bracket:

Basics:
The Pro Dial Bracket is for cars running an ET of 11.49 or quicker. All racing in this class will be on a traditional sportsman tree, competitors are expected to select and write their own dial in time, and transbrakes will be allowed

Engine: Any automotive type engine

Transmission: Any automotive type automatic or H-pattern manual transmission. No planetary, clutchless shift, air shifted, or Lenco type transmissions allowed. Transbrake acceptable.

Exhaust: Muffled or open exhaust acceptable.

Electronics: No bracket racing aid or ET prediction electronic devices allowed.

Chassis/Suspension: Any rear suspension is acceptable, stock style, back halved, tubbed cars are acceptable. Bolt in replacement K-members are acceptable.

Class Exceptions:Any vehicle that is running unmuffled exhaust or a back halved/tubbed or converted suspension system will be bumped from the Street Bracket into the Pro Dial Bracket.

Prize Fund:
Winner: Starting at $75 + Trophy
Runner-Up: Starting at $25 + Trophy

camaroAL 04-05-2009 09:29 PM

i know a bunch of members dont have an f-body, and was thinking about a few things.
1st thing is limiting it just to f-bodies also limits the amount of $ brought through the gate, and less of a purse for all winners.
my next thought if you are an f-body member, why not let ya run?

i know it would not be cool to have lets say, a dodge caravan win at an f-body event, i get that soooooo, instead have 1 bracket class for all cars other than f- bodies that would compete for a trophy or just for the hell of it.

i think this may help the turnout a little judging from my past experiences, being at the nats. i may be wrong but it may be worth a try.

NJSPEEDER 04-05-2009 09:39 PM

There will be open test and tune lanes for the non-f-body owners. For now I think we would be better served to put our limited resources into prizes and promotion for the event.

If we find there is enough sponsorship support we can certainly add to the program later.

camaroAL 04-05-2009 09:43 PM

i understand, i was just throwing that out there. i know that every penny counts nowadays.

Mulletbird 04-06-2009 09:28 AM

When will this be? My car's running and ready...

Mike 04-06-2009 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mulletbird (Post 571140)
When will this be? My car's running and ready...

for the millionth time http://www.njfboa.org/forums/showthread.php?t=42466

Mulletbird 04-06-2009 10:51 AM

Sorry, didn't see the link anywhere here. Thanks Mike.

1984camaroz28 04-11-2009 08:15 PM

i think a heads up lsx class whould have a good turn out

camaroAL 04-12-2009 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1984camaroz28 (Post 573985)

if u have ever been to a national, the heads up class is extremely small. most people get turned off by a heads up class, many feel there car is not fast enough to compete. having a good turnout with an lsx heads up challenge is unlikely. it would however be fun if more people would enter the heads up class, it would be more competition and more rounds for people who enjoy racing and competing.

Tru2Chevy 04-12-2009 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1984camaroz28 (Post 573985)

We have had open heads up classes in the past and had very low turnout for these classes. Limiting the entries to LSx only would only reduce the car count even further. This is not something that we are considering at this time.

- Justin