NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   New Homeowner (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/showthread.php?t=67946)

Anti_Rice_Guy 08-01-2017 08:59 AM

New Homeowner

2 Attachment(s)
Well, after almost a year of looking I put in an offer in early May on this house and as of yesterday (and thanks to qwikz28 for being an excellent real estate attorney) I now own it. :shock:

3 BR/2 BA with both bathrooms and the kitchen having been remodeled 8-10 years ago in a simple fashion. A lot more sq ft than I wanted for just me, but it was a decent deal and in the general area I was looking. It was an older couple's home who moved out 1.5 years ago and slowly moved their belongings so it needs a little TLC, but basically just cleaning/paint work and a washer/dryer.

It's on 4 acres but most of it goes up a fairly steep hill in Liberty Twp (Great Meadows). Garage is attached to the laundry room, not detached.

wretched73 08-01-2017 09:23 AM

Congrats! Owning a home is cool until you realize all your free time is spent working on it!!

sweetbmxrider 08-01-2017 10:42 AM

Congrats, Nick! Quite the bachelor pad there :nod:

Would love to have that kinda land :drool:

Blackbirdws6 08-01-2017 10:55 AM

Very nice Nick! Place has some character and looks like you should have enough room for activities. Good luck.

Teds89IROC 08-01-2017 10:56 AM

Congrats Nick! Looks like a great piece of property and layout

Jersey Mike 08-01-2017 11:23 AM

That's a good looking house! Qwikz28 was also my real estate attorney when I purchased my house! :nod: Congrats, Nick.

ThoR294 08-01-2017 11:28 AM

Nice purchase. Love the garage lol.

We are looking for a house but our area is ridiculously expensive. I can't wait to have a garage...

Anti_Rice_Guy 08-01-2017 11:41 AM

Thanks everybody.

Primary things right now are getting the moss off the roof, re-flashing chimney, painting rooms and trim (sloppy paint work there now), weeding the front flowerbeds. Then I'll move in and do the little stuff like changing some outlets and other nonsense items from the home inspection. WHO THE HELL WALLPAPERS EVERY CLOSET

House is already hardwired for a generator, and is built very well - steel beam in basement, poured concrete foundation, etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackbirdws6 (Post 940524)
Very nice Nick! Place has some character and looks like you should have enough room for activities. Good luck.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teds89IROC (Post 940525)
Congrats Nick! Looks like a great piece of property and layout

Yes, probably .5-.7 acre or so is useable for bocce/frisbee/hangouts, moreso in the front than the backyards. The rest can be excavated or re-graded but that'll be a lot of work. It's a starter home and not my long term plan so I'm not too worried about that.

The mountain slopes towards the backyard/deck. Deck will need to be removed (only 6" above ground anyhow) and replaced with a patio. It's the only large scale project and not necessarily one to be completed the first year. It's a shame because it's a new composite deck with vinyl railings.

LTb1ow 08-01-2017 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anti_Rice_Guy (Post 940531)
Thanks everybody.

Primary things right now are getting the moss off the roof, re-flashing chimney, painting rooms and trim (sloppy paint work there now), weeding the front flowerbeds. Then I'll move in and do the little stuff like changing some outlets and other nonsense items from the home inspection. WHO THE HELL WALLPAPERS EVERY CLOSET

House is already hardwired for a generator, and is built very well - steel beam in basement, poured concrete foundation, etc.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::r ofl::rofl:

I know that pain all to well, whoever invented wall paper should be shot.

Congrats on the new black hole :nod:

BonzoHansen 08-01-2017 12:05 PM

lol my whole house was wallpapered. Awful. There are some spots where I wish I had just tore down and re-drywalled, it would have been faster. they wallpapered over a hole in the drywall, and hung the paper before the trim went up. No proper pre-treatment of the drywall forst. ugh

in a closet? paint over it lol

BonzoHansen 08-01-2017 12:06 PM

how do you remove moss off the roof?

Why take the deck down if its so new?

Anti_Rice_Guy 08-01-2017 12:23 PM

[QUOTE=BonzoHansen;940533
in a closet? paint over it lol[/QUOTE]

I recruited my little cousins who wanted to help for this job. They are a better fit for it, plus they don't need to look perfect. :mrgreen:

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonzoHansen (Post 940534)
how do you remove moss off the roof?

Why take the deck down if its so new?

Magic. Nah, the best bang for the buck is the Spray n Forget.

Strong negative slope coming off the mountain makes the backyard somewhat of a pond. Water sits near foundation too, but since it's poured concrete it's waterproofish. Need to regrade the whole backyard with a swale to come around the house. House should've never had a deck, should've just been a patio. With the proper grade, it'll be maybe 6" below the door off the kitchen.

Blackbirdws6 08-01-2017 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anti_Rice_Guy (Post 940538)
Nah, the best bang for the buck is the Spray n Forget.

+1 for S&F

unstable bob gable 08-01-2017 02:00 PM

Congrats.

redsoxsstink 08-01-2017 04:56 PM

congrats, cant annoy the neighbors on 4 acres hahaha

qwikz28 08-01-2017 08:33 PM

Damn, that garage really is dirty.

Congrats again! Time for a NJFBOA housewarming party...

Featherburner 08-02-2017 06:22 PM

Congratulations, Nick!

thehazguy 08-02-2017 09:14 PM

Congrats, I lived on Free Union Road in Liberty for a while back in the 70's. Nice quiet area with one except. Island Dragway but that was a plus for me. Really close to JP Kelly's for wings and not too far from Hot Dog Johnny's.

Anti_Rice_Guy 08-03-2017 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thehazguy (Post 940603)
Congrats, I lived on Free Union Road in Liberty for a while back in the 70's. Nice quiet area with one except. Island Dragway but that was a plus for me. Really close to JP Kelly's for wings and not too far from Hot Dog Johnny's.

I am on Quenby Mountain. I've never in my life been to JP Kelly's.

TaKid455 08-03-2017 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anti_Rice_Guy (Post 940611)
I am on Quenby Mountain. I've never in my life been to JP Kelly's.

Its OK. Went for my first time earlier this year. They remodeled it in recent times and its not dive bar inside anymore as I was hoping/ expecting. Def a locals place. There's an observatory up the road to view stars, Urmomsanaus and sorts.

thehazguy 08-03-2017 09:11 PM

Nice hilly road but you're close to the pizza place and the liquor store on Rt 46. Nice area, good luck

MDSheds_SS 08-04-2017 05:53 AM

Congrats man, I gotta good shed guy if you need one.

LS1ow 08-04-2017 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TaKid455 (Post 940615)
There's an observatory up the road to view stars, Urmomsanaus and sorts.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Jersey Mike 08-04-2017 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MDSheds_SS (Post 940666)
Congrats man, I gotta good shed guy if you need one.

Subtle. :lol:

The_Bishop 08-15-2017 10:42 AM

So, this happened:

http://i.imgur.com/dITvN1G.jpg

Told you that you needed one. Now when are you going to stay still long enough for me to get it to you?

:)