NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Tech (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   thinking of a new exhaust system. (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/showthread.php?t=57589)

jam01 10-15-2011 05:07 PM

thinking of a new exhaust system.

i have narrowed it down to two systems mad hammer chamber or stainless works chambered system. but i really cant decide whether to go with headers or keep my stock manifolds. i really dont have the cash for expensive headers and the exhaust, but i definetly will need at least a cat back fairly soon. also have to deal with the smog police even tho i would still be using cats. so i guess my question would be if anybody has used either or know anyone with these systems, and any problems with the state.

greenformula92 10-15-2011 05:32 PM

as long as you have a cat/cats and a muffler/mufflers u will be good

z28camaro94 12-09-2011 03:14 PM

I got a hooker cat back that im not using anymore. used for bout 6 yrs and upgraded last weekend. does have some rust on the flange connection and muffler itself but still works great. $100 if you want it

jam01 01-05-2012 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z28camaro94 (Post 795461)
I got a hooker cat back that im not using anymore. used for bout 6 yrs and upgraded last weekend. does have some rust on the flange connection and muffler itself but still works great. $100 if you want it

just saw your post, thank you for the offer but i really like the sound of the chambered exhaust.
i was going to get it from gmmg but im not sure if they are still in business. the other reason i decided to go with one of the 2 above is there a 3 inch where as the gmmg is 2 1/4. im still saving for one of the 2.

WildBillyT 01-05-2012 10:34 AM

I'd start with the headers, personally.

LTb1ow 01-05-2012 12:22 PM

GMMG will get really old, really quick once you throw headers on later.

I would personally go with the hooker, just from personal experience.

coolmanvette75 01-05-2012 02:46 PM

Go with headers. Pacesetters can be had for pretty cheap. IMO I hate the sound of stock manifolds with any exhaust

jam01 01-06-2012 02:27 PM

i wouldnt mind going with headers first but my local dmv inspection place are full of d-bags.
which means i would need cats and have to pay a shop to get a good inspection sticker. i should have kept my fla tag on it. but since i only lived there for six months i dont have an address to use down there.
now i am going to have to wait longer anyway, the wife surprised me with a cruise booked for april. i would rather have the headers and other fun stuff, this should be a lesson for all other not to get married.

WildBillyT 01-06-2012 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jam01 (Post 800938)
i wouldnt mind going with headers first but my local dmv inspection place are full of d-bags.
which means i would need cats and have to pay a shop to get a good inspection sticker. i should have kept my fla tag on it. but since i only lived there for six months i dont have an address to use down there.
now i am going to have to wait longer anyway, the wife surprised me with a cruise booked for april. i would rather have the headers and other fun stuff, this should be a lesson for all other not to get married.

As long as you have cats you can just drive to another inspection place that's not as bad.