NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Winter projects - what do you have brewing? (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/showthread.php?t=67464)

BonzoHansen 01-14-2017 11:47 AM

Winter projects - what do you have brewing?

What's everyone doing to their cars this winter? I just got done building a new 8.5" rear for my 77. 3.90 gears, new Eaton TruTrack carrier with 30 spline axles. All that good stuff. And earlier last year I had my T56 rebuilt and updated by Bob Hanlon, including a lager output shaft.

So what are you guys up to?

LTb1ow 01-14-2017 12:08 PM

Swapping an LS1 dash and cluster in. If it gets warm I will start to rewire it but no motivation lately.

Jersey Mike 01-14-2017 01:33 PM

Motor is coming back out, but not going back in this time.

Gonna start on the interior a little this winter too. Steering wheel & upper dash are waiting to go on once the windshield is replaced. That's not really a "project," compared to the motor stuff, but I am debating having some upholstery work done to this new wheel before installing it.

Then some dumb odds and ends that are going to add up.

6spdg37s 01-14-2017 02:37 PM

building an LS Swapped 83 Monte SS see my build thread here :

http://www.njfboa.org/forums/showthread.php?t=67286

actually hoping to swap the motor in tonight

WayFast84 01-14-2017 04:01 PM

I was hoping to get the old motor out and sold. It depends on how much I owe Uncle Sam on if the new one goes in this year.

Blackbirdws6 01-14-2017 04:22 PM

Some minor detail work on the bird but nothing substantial. Garage is getting some more love for organization and usability. The Supra will get a full cleaNing and then assess my options.

omarcamaro 01-14-2017 05:00 PM

finishing my Torqhead install and my front upper and lower tubular a arms and coilovers also my be cool radiator and fans install

LS1ow 01-14-2017 05:10 PM

The car is getting everything ready chassis wise. Hopefully at least. I'd like to get all the wieght reduction done, do the fuel system and get the tank back in the car, and a few other things. My build thread is in the projects section for anyone wants a more indepth view of what's happening. Also hopefully finally getting my short block that may or may not pend on another member :bertstare:

Jeep is getting some love as well. Going to finish up flush mounting the LED pods into my hatch and wire them up so I have rear lighting. Swap the stock upper rear control arm for a 2 piece adjustable one, and figure out how to mount a washer bottle in a different spot since I ripped the factory one out on the trail

ar0ck 01-14-2017 05:22 PM

Saving money :lol:

Aside from the torque arm sitting in the garage, I managed to tackle a lot of "free" work over the summer, general maintenance, or just installing left over parts I had stockpiled. I'd like to put a new lightweight carpet in the car this summer, but I'm at a stage in the project that I need to invest a lot more money in stuff out of my skill set like tires, alignment, and issues with the transmission which probably needs to be dropped.

I'm also converting my track bike back to street, that way whatever I can sell it for I can put into these projects.

WildBillyT 01-14-2017 05:57 PM

Still slowly moving forward with the paint project. Every panel is pretty much stripped down now aside from a few ****** areas on the body.

vcamaro42769 01-14-2017 06:14 PM

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
Hi Have not been here in a long time doing a 1966 442

The_Bishop 01-14-2017 09:31 PM

Pending some funds I'll be ordering the last bits to do my heads/cam. Hoping for an early spring install.

Jersey Mike 01-14-2017 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Bishop (Post 933840)
Pending some funds I'll be ordering the last bits to do my heads/cam. Hoping for an early spring install.

You've really been slacking on this one. I think you've been hoarding parts for like 3 years now :lol:

grazi 01-15-2017 05:55 AM

Already Installed front mount intercooler and replaced valvesprings. This afternoon I'll be starting installation of Detroit truetrac and a 2800 stall speed converter. Then ready for spring.

grazi 01-15-2017 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jersey Mike (Post 933804)
Motor is coming back out, but not going back in this time.

Gonna start on the interior a little this winter too. Steering wheel & upper dash are waiting to go on once the windshield is replaced. That's not really a "project," compared to the motor stuff, but I am debating having some upholstery work done to this new wheel before installing it.

Then some dumb odds and ends that are going to add up.

Motor coming out?

MDSheds_SS 01-15-2017 06:05 AM

Dropped the motor and trans out. Cleaned up the engine bay. Swapped my 243s for TF215s. Painted the fast 102. Swapped out the stock k member and control arms for tubular stuff. New red top battery. Next is the exhaust. Either full exhaust or maybe bumper exit headers to make my neighbors love my car some more.

Fleetwiz 01-15-2017 10:53 AM

Looking for a job... :(

maroman88 01-15-2017 11:58 AM

Cleaning up my new 06 Altima SE-R. lol
Cadillac = broken trans and parked.
TA and Corvette are tucked away problem free for winter.
Camaro has a coolant leak that ill get to soon
Blazer needs some new zip ties for the front valance and a trans flush.

amargari 01-15-2017 12:15 PM

Installing keyless start system into the 73. At the same time rebuilding the steering column and removing the key and smoothing it. May also move high beam switch to the column.

qwikz28 01-15-2017 09:11 PM

Luckily nothing that requires laying down on the cold garage floor! Modifying some brackets to get my fixed back Corbeaus to sit lower so I can run them again. Also need to install an LS6 Valley, LS2 coils and smooth bellow.

The_Bishop 01-15-2017 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jersey Mike (Post 933846)
You've really been slacking on this one. I think you've been hoarding parts for like 3 years now :lol:

Want to make sure I have everything before I start, don't want a jackstand trophy.

ThoR294 01-15-2017 09:32 PM

Trying to get a house with a garage so I can park my bird in it to work on it. Brrrrrr its cold lol

Jersey Mike 01-16-2017 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grazi (Post 933852)
Motor coming out?

Yeah. Why not. :shrug:

BonzoHansen 01-16-2017 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jersey Mike (Post 933893)
Yeah. Why not. :shrug:

Oh well, a running car was nice while it lasted :rofl:

Anti_Rice_Guy 01-16-2017 08:30 AM

Continue saving and the search to have a house mod by summer hopefully. With a garage.

Camaro - no plans except change the oil.
Explorer - none
Orange jet ski - Figure out why I'm getting a little bit of cavitation at 65+ aka why I'm hitting 8400 rpm regardless of outside temperature. Also find my notes to find out when the supercharger clutches were last rebuilt. Decide on touch up or repaint the topside.
Green jet ski - Uncover in March, figure out if have to rebuild/clean out carbs again to stop odd idle. Runs great throughout rev range. List for sale again.