NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/index.php)
-   Appearance (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Seat color selection (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15707)

Oddball 02-19-2006 08:05 PM

Seat color selection

So I'm thinking of upgrading my 20 year old cloth camaro seats to leather T/A seats. I've been Ebony and Grey ones which look like they will work with my car. The car is Red with Gray / Black interior. The seats are now grey with gray seat belts. Carpet is gray, but most of the plastic in the car is black.

Other than having black seats with gray belts, and black being hotter with the T-tops off, do you have any opinions on which color would look better?

I have not obviously purchsed one yet, but I am looking around. Saw a few on eBay which look promising but I'd rather buy from someone local to save shipping costs.

The Fixer 02-19-2006 10:13 PM

I think if you swap in a black carpet, you should do black seats. Otherwise, go for the gray seats to match the carpet and belts currently in the car.

JMO, of course. :)

Tru2Chevy 02-20-2006 12:32 AM

IIRC, only the ebony leather TA seats were the ones that were bolstered up real nicely. So if that's what you were looking for, best to get those. Unless someone else says that I'm wrong, which I may be...

- Justin

qwikz28 02-20-2006 08:51 AM

i think steve hit the nail on the head there. the only thing is how hard those seats are to find. you may be better off getting pos cloth seats and having them reupholstered to fit your needs.

Tru2Chevy 02-20-2006 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qwikz28
i think steve hit the nail on the head there. the only thing is how hard those seats are to find. you may be better off getting pos cloth seats and having them reupholstered to fit your needs.

But the ebony leather TA seats are bolstered better than any of the other 4th gen seats, that's the reason that most people want them (not just because they are leather).

- Justin

BonzoHansen 02-20-2006 10:00 AM

The real dark gray ones are almost black. That is what I have a set of sitting here for the 77.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...NEWSEATS01.jpg

Oddball 02-20-2006 11:49 AM

Oh, so different colors of the leater T/A seats are not all made the same? I'm thining the light gray will match better, but I can always buy black seat belts.

However if the black ones are more comfortable, looks like I should hope I lose the auction for the gray ones :-)

You guys know of anyone selling the black leather T/A 4th gen seats?

qwikz28 02-20-2006 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tru2Chevy
But the ebony leather TA seats are bolstered better than any of the other 4th gen seats, that's the reason that most people want them (not just because they are leather).

- Justin

no but arent the cloth TA seats exactly the same?

maroman88 02-20-2006 11:14 PM

yea all the TA seats are the same shape, just different fabrics, the TA seats were always bolstered better but the ebony ones usually sell for more on ebay cuz of the color, i know, i was lookin for a long time before buying my 96 Z28 dark grey leather ones

Tru2Chevy 02-21-2006 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maroman88
yea all the TA seats are the same shape, just different fabrics, the TA seats were always bolstered better but the ebony ones usually sell for more on ebay cuz of the color, i know, i was lookin for a long time before buying my 96 Z28 dark grey leather ones

Ahh, I have never been in a 4th gen T/A without leather seats, and I was always told that only the Black/ebony leather T/A seats were bolstered better. I guess you learn something new everyday....

- Justin

bokey 02-23-2006 02:42 PM

What would look real good are black seats with red stitching :)