View Single Post
Old 12-23-2004, 02:57 AM   #13
Mister_Johnny99

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokingSS
ive had the energy suspension mount in 2 of my past 3rd gens, i didnt notice any problems or vibrations either. Â*as far as im concerned whenever i need one, i'm installing an ES poly one. Â*The SS is getting it when i do the motor swap. of course ill have all race only suspension so a little more noise and vibration wouldnt be noticeable. I put a brand new stock mount in my 88 iroc and it broke after just one strong shift...yes the oem are cheaper but my time is valuable to change it every time. Â*if you want a smooth ride, buy a honda or such, if you want a sports car, deal with some road feel. JMO.
I've got all BMR poly suspension, and I've got no problems with that.
The problem wasn't "road feel". The whole car just "buzzed". It's not that the car wasn't driveable, but this is a daily driver, not a race car. I just couldn't feel that much difference to justify that annoyance every day.
And if you broke yours after one shift, you've either got MASSIVE amounts of torque, or you've got another problem. When you say "brand new stock mount", are you talkin' 'bout a GM part or some cheap aftermarket one?
Idunno, maybe it's just MY car.
Mister_Johnny99 is offline   Reply With Quote