View Single Post
Old 05-18-2006, 11:54 PM   #10
project89

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwikz28
lpf= low pass filter= doesnt allow a certain speaker to play below a certain frequency (usually the subwoofer)

hpf= high pass filter= doesnt allow a certain speaker to play above a certain frequency (usually the speakers)

mhz- megahertz- unit of frequency measurement but is probably referring to the EQ.

the lpf and hpf are usually set at the amp but you can do whatever you want. my headunit made it very easy by having a crossover which basically sets any frequency level (i used 80 hertz) to not let speakers go below or subs to go above. makes it a very easy way to blend the sounds of the speakers and subs. check if yours has that if not i'll swing by this week and set them for you. they are very important to avoid distortion. the main thing we need to spend time on is the gains. thats important to getting the signal going to the speakers to be as clear as possible.

o man i almost forgot- congrads on getting that head unit you wanted!
u got that wrong subsonic filter dosent allow speaker to play below a certian frequency range
lpf keeps all the mid an high freq. away from ur speakers
hpf filters out bass from ur speakers
#1 1989 RS - 3.0L V6 11.0-1 CR, LIGHTENED CRANK,J.E FORGED PISTONS, CUSTOM 280/284 .575/.575 116LSA ROLLER CAM, PORTED HEADS, PORTED INTAKE,CUSTOM TURBO KIT W/ BW S475,AW INTERCOOLER,METHANOL INJECTION, TCI STREETFIGHTER 700R4 W/ TCI 4,500 STALL,TWIN WALBORO 255'S & 83# INJECTORS
268 rwhp & 367.6 ftlbs @ 10 psi 3.1l
12.30's @ 112 3.1L @ 9 psi
??.?? @ ???? 3.0L @ 18 PSI
project89 is offline   Reply With Quote