Thread: Heads Up
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2006, 04:44 PM   #24
ATVracer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokingSS
ok but i think everyone is fogetting.. V8 doesnt mean LS1, there are still the 3rd gens and the LT1s which run 13's with some decent mods. (one member here had a blown LT1 running 14.7ish, lol) Anyways, maybe i wouldnt have a problem with a stock displacement V6 w/ 1 power adder, but nothing

ATV, thats fine, but the point of pure street as stated above is beginner/budget friendly heads up racing. your 11.0 N/A car is fine, more power to you, you'll probably win. But if a bunch of people who want to run pure street are planning to put down under 12 second passes, Its not a fair shot for way more other beginner/less modded cars.

Perhaps pure street should also be made STOCK DISPLACEMENT in that case. but whatever, im not getting anymore involved, Tim will read all our suggestions and he'll discuss it with others who have setup stuff like this before. No matter what, i'll be running pure street.
I think the stock displacement would be a good rule for Pure street. That would put me out, my 370 isnt huge but its not stock

Also you have to remember the LT1's and older cars that have been rebuilt are not stock displacemt anymore. maybe have a cubic inch limit.

I want to be in a competitive class and I want to run my power adder its alot more fun.