View Single Post
Old 11-25-2006, 08:03 PM   #7
1QWIKBIRD
11 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
if the sender starts to go bad, you will see the speedo drop out every now and then. If the car doesnt know how fast its going, its probably not going to run right. price out a speed sensor and see if its cheap enough to replace.
That's what I am leaning towards. I tried stopping at Lucas Chevrolet on Rt 38. (near where I work) and the guy at the parts counter look at me like I was crazy, he said "I'm not showing any kind of speed sensor"??? So I have to try another dealer. I got under the car today and checked for loose/broken/frayed wires and everything looks intact. Truthfully I'm not even sure with of the three connections is for the speedo. One is for the cags?, one for the reverse lights?, one the speedo sensor?

Anyway I put the car up on jack stands and ran the car throught the gears and almost instantly the problems appeared and they seem to be getting worse and finally tripped the ABS INOP light, but no SES light....

I am really thinking the speed sensor took a ****, but we'll see. If its cheap that's my next move.

Chris

1999 Formula 6spd (The driver)
1997 2500 Ext. Cab Dodge 4x4 CTD 5spd (The Earth Mover)
1970 Nova 5spd (The toy)
1QWIKBIRD is offline   Reply With Quote