View Single Post
Old 11-27-2006, 10:16 AM   #1
Randy99

"Careless Driving" ticket questions...

Hey Gang,

Looking for a little advice here; anyone with experience in this situation may be able to help me out...

Heres the deal,

I was involved in an accident on thanksgiving, which unfortunately totaled my new daily driver which i just picked up 2 weeks ago (99' jeep cherokee in prestine condition ...anyway, i was traveling on I-95 and a car in front of me checked up on the brakes, hard...i in turn attempted to slow my vehicle w/out "locking them up"...all of a sudden it felt as if someone tapped me from behind and my vehicle spun..went across 3 lanes of traffic just trying to aim for the gaurdrail to stop the vehicle, unfortunately i was struck by another car which shot me into the back of a tow-truck that was in the shoulder...

the officer gave me a ticked for careless driving, but at the time i gave my statement (which was somewhat coeherced) i was still shakin up and did not mention that i think someone hit me...only thing i have is white paint across my back bumper (none of the vehicles involved in the wreck were white, one was silver but this seems as if its not the paint from that vehicle)...i can't say im 100% positive i did get tagged from the back becuase everything happend so fast...

do i go to court and plead "unsafe operation of a motor vehicle" to get rid of the 2 points? (mind u in 2 months i will have been driving for 6 years with a clean record, never had a ticket of any type)...do i try and fight it and say it was a hit and run? (i don't think at the time of my statement i stressed this enough, will it seem as if i'm now fabricating a story?) like i said, im not positive i was hit, but it sure felt that way, but i don't think i'd put my life on the line for it, one of those deals...

basically i don't want these points on my record, thus far i'm 100% clean and was just do for an insurance discount...i don't want to go to court and seem overly aggressive and disrespectful...gimme some feedback guys...

thanks!

Previously owned: 91 Firebird, LO3...headers, !cat!, dynomax bullet, edlebrock performer intake, 3.73's, LCA's, Panhard, BFG's...mid 14's
93 T/A, CAI, Cat-Back, LCA's, Panhard, Hoosier QTP's...13.60's all day long, Bracket Beast

New Toys - 2006 and 2007 LE Prototype chassis
358 ci SBC, 12:1 by Bitner Automotive
358 ci SBC, 10:1 Vortec, built by 2 hackers in tool-shed
Randy99 is offline   Reply With Quote