View Single Post
Old 05-15-2007, 04:12 PM   #30
johnjzjz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pampered-Z View Post
Thank you for the offer, that is exactly how I was taught to do it. I didn't want to go into full detail with Alex until I actually have an idea of things he may not think of. I've posted on a LT1 board to have the engine builders tell me if it might be an issue. the 306 cam on a stock LT1 block, even with milled heads have plenty of clearance, but the LT4 piston and zero deck I haven't played with. I hate to have Alex put the engine together and have it go bad! A zero desk LT4 block should be a -4 flat top, so if I do the calculations right with 54cc heads and the felpro should be real ner 11,8:1 that's high for pump gas. With the drop in desk and those gaskets the intake will probably also need to be milled to match the ports back up.

This is why I'm thinking it might be cheaper to take one of his blocks and build it with something like a scat forged 355 kit would be better in the long run and be more reliable and maybe less money then the LT4.

something to keep in mind i am not a fan of zero decks you cant fix a blown head gasket correctly and to square the deck is also eliminated - the other issue most dont think about is when the deck is cut to the max you also change the angle that the valve approaches the pocket ( its going down ) causing a side clearence problem ( valve to out side edge of piston - and in some extreem cases the flat shelf on the top of the intake valve pocket becomes the issue ) - just something to keep in mind - goood luck with it - jz
johnjzjz is offline   Reply With Quote