View Single Post
Old 07-10-2007, 09:30 PM   #6
1QWIKBIRD
11 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJSPEEDER View Post
if there is an evo dominating SM? those things understeer like a city bus at the limit. must have a lot of suspension work.
when i was running my 91 RS in SM years ago the fast cars were a motor swap older civic hatch and a turbo+AWD eclipse. i could time about a second behind those guys when i had a few bolt on suspension goodies.
ended up spending a season behind the wheel of the eclipse the last year i got to compete regularly, fun car. understeered horribly on throttle and was twitchy as hell on the brakes. lol
if there are any events on sundays i would love to join you guys and see who is still around from the "old days". maybe i can help you out with your driving a bit too, f-bodies have a lot of front and rear over hang space, it takes a little different driving style to get it done.

The EVO has suspension work done to it, no doubt. The number two and three guys are usually an eclipse/talon awd thing and a Nissan 240 I think. Philly region is usually a sunday thing, next event is at Boeing on the 29th. Here's a link to the schedule http://www.phillyscca.com/solo2/index.html.

Chris

1999 Formula 6spd (The driver)
1997 2500 Ext. Cab Dodge 4x4 CTD 5spd (The Earth Mover)
1970 Nova 5spd (The toy)
1QWIKBIRD is offline   Reply With Quote