View Single Post
Old 12-03-2007, 07:44 PM   #8
68pont455
10 Second Club

i have around .060 with a thin gasket which should be acceptable but still on the tight side and i agree that .040 is too tight.my engine builder has another pontiac racer that runs .048 and hasnt had a problem but i will not chance it. i might even go with a thicker gasket yet. not sure until i triple check clearance. too cold right now in my garage though.by the way alky injection is awesome. instant throttle response that is incredible over any carb i have used including alky carbs. i picked up .4 sec and around 7 mph without even trying. just bolted it on from enderle and went. i still have to fine tune the fuel delivery. that is the pain of it but luckily air quality doesnt change it like it would a gas carb. it does use close to 2x the amount of gas but at 2.60a gallon compared to 8.00 -14.00 a gallon for race gas the last time i checked, i would rather use alky. plus is burns cleaner and runs cooler. it is slow to get heat in the engine but it does and it cools down easier on the return to the pits. i ran 180-195 last august on a 90+ degree day and ran 10.8's all day (9 runs) with no loss in mph. i actually kept gaining as the day went on with very minor tuning. i got it down to 10.6 by the end of the summer and still have not got the fuel system down yet. i need a high speed bypass. i lean it to get top end and my bottom end suffers. i richen it up for killer bottom end and lose rpm and mph at top end. its all fun and when the season starts this year with new heads i should fly now that i understand how the injection works. by the way for anyone out there reading this and considering alky. it doesnt dilute oil like people say unless you are over rich or idle a tank of fuel away. supercharged cars have more of problem with that but a naturally aspirated akly injected motor in tune is just like a gas motor when it comes to fuel dilution of the oil.