View Single Post
Old 02-17-2008, 02:36 AM   #64
jims69camaro

good time, as usual.

as far as the clique goes, i didn't mean it in a negative way. it's just that there are those from hamilton who've known each other for years, and those ewingites, too. some people tend to stand off for some reason. me, i get involved no matter who is standing around. i walk right up and introduce myself. that's if i know you're from the club.

if it tends to be a smaller group, like yesterday, then it's a non-issue. however, once you get a bunch of people turning out, like upwards of 30, like the firkin meets, then it becomes more of an issue. dunno, maybe i am making an issue out of nothing. i just want those members of our club who turn out to be able to join whatever conversation, just like here on the board, when we meet in person. you never know, some people are timid by nature and just don't get involved in larger groups like i do.

it was nice to meet some new (?!?) faces. some of you have been around the board for a while, so i guess it was about time i got to put some names to faces. slaptastic and guest, sorry you guys were at the other end of the table, i would've like to have talked with you. unfortunately, my agenda was as it is most of the time, all business. tim and i talked about some things that i will be getting involved in that will benefit the board. and that was around both of us eating pretty healthy-sized plates of food and desert.

to the others there, please don't feel like i was ignoring you. i tried to get people involved in the conversation when it was appropriate, and even tried to keep an ear open to other things happening at the table.

the things you learn about people is really cool. even the army stuff.

i hope everyone had a good time and would like to extend a standing invitation to all to come out to the meets and have some good food and good company with us. it really is a kick-ass way to spend a saturday.

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L

Last edited by jims69camaro; 02-17-2008 at 02:41 AM.