Thread: autox 3/30
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2008, 11:44 PM   #22
vegaken
9 Second Club

Yeah things end up failing when you drive it hard. I don't think you would have had to worry about finishing towards the bottom of the field. **** your practice lap was better than some people's time for the day and that was with no back brakes on the car. Take a note here and get a trailer. Makes life so much easier for racing. When you are actually racing stuff is going to break just a fact of life.

Scott the car looks good in the pictures. You got the car working now.

Kevin car seems to be working okay, just need some HP. People would be in trouble if you had the same HP as Chris or Scott.

Hey skippy, it is easy to say there is more to racing than straight lines when your running a pretty much stock car. I have done this autocross stuff before yeah it is some fun. But not enough fun for me to throw some money at it. I could have easily built a car for both autocross and some drag racing. I prefer to do one thing well not two things half assed. I am not afraid to use up a car since it is only a tool of the trade not some personal attachment. Last time I checked racing is about competition and trying to win. This is why I built a car for 10.0 index racing that is going to run low 9's on motor. Who the hell wants to just say I was there running, oh great. I want to be competitive and have a chance of winning every time out. Why else would one spend all this time and money. If not you might as well be one of those guys who has the best lawn in the neighborhood and lives to work in the yard.

Ken

Bammann Racing small block N/A
Doug Nash 5 speed
Stock supsension
vegaken is offline   Reply With Quote