View Single Post
Old 04-07-2008, 08:47 AM   #48
damon_Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by jims69camaro View Post
not calling just yet, but how were you tested? in a water tank? electrically? or with calipers?

the only true test is in a water tank because electric testing would mean you'd need to be fully hydrated and unless you are drinking in excess of 2 gallons of water a day, which you don't mention as part of your diet, i doubt you are. the caliper method is not precise enough to pinpoint 1/2 percentiles, so i am guessing that wasn't it either. since we are talking about 6.5 % body fat percentage, your water intake would be limited, as well.

losing that amount of bodyfat in a 16 month period is not healthy. it means far more than trimming fat from your meats and working out and doing cardio. it is hard core training. it means boiling your meat, not grilling it on GFG. it means watching every single thing in your diet and not munching on fruit between meals. it is near impossible to trim that much fat from your body without a very strict diet, and using diuretics. this is the type of training bodybulders go through (ask me how i know) to prepare for shows. it's not easy and usually the person undergoing such training is not a chipper little birdy, but a moody bastard who hates the world (ask me how i know). usually your caloric intake is way lower than normal, and most meals and replacements leave you hungry (ask me how i know).

so, tell us, how were you tested?
I got my body fat measured three times--when I first started working out in December 2006, then in October 2007, and finally in March 31, 2008. I had a different fitness trainer measure me each time. The first two used the body fat calipers and the last one used a sonar machine. The first result was around 22% in December 2006, the second result in October 2007 was 9%, and the last result was the 6.1% in 3/31/08.

For about the first 9 months of working out, I really didn't watch what I ate. I still ate the regular junk food and I didn't watch my caloric intake. I used vitamin and protein supplements. I worked out at least 5 days a week. Each day, I would lift for about an hour and then do cardio for about an hour. I didn't take any fitness classes during this time.

During the last 7 months, I increased my fitness time from 5 days a week to 7 days a week, 2 hours per day. I started attending a variety of 1 hour fitness classes (to break up the day-to-day workout monotony) while still lifting at least an hour per day. I stopped the vitamin and protein supplementation and replaced them only with natural, unprocessed foods. I've also been following proper food combining to get the most nutrients out of my food.

If you want documented proof, I can probably provide them. The gym probably still has a file on me that includes my initial body fat number. I can also get verbal confirmation from the last two fitness trainers that measured my body fat.
damon_Z is offline   Reply With Quote