View Single Post
Old 04-19-2008, 08:12 PM   #4
qwikz28
13 Second Club / Moderator

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transamkid View Post
yeah, thats the rca plugs right? if yes then they are hooked up to my sub amp right now. do i need to get some splitters to hook them up to this too? i already know how to hook up the grnd, pwr, and remote
i think what justin is trying to ask is how many pairs of pre-amps are on the back of the headunit?

if there is three pairs, two will be for the new amp and the last should be "non-fading" and that will be for the subs. if there is only two pairs, that will be tricky and although i have never done this before, i believe there may be a set of pre-amps on teh new amp that you can hook the subs to but i'm not entirely sure.

as for the rest of the wires, you will need to ground the ground, power the power with a fuse to the battery, and lead the remote into the wire in back of the headunit to the wire marked "remote." you probably have a wire going to the battery for the subs, you can buy a distribution block and split the wire into two wires one going to each amp. i used my capacitor to split the wires. your choice.

as for the speakers you can do one of two things. you can either tap into the stock wiring or rewire the whole thing coming from the amp. I recommend running new wire for many reasons. one its easier, and two its better than using frail and small stock disgraceful wiring.

don't be scared about all this, you did the right thing about getting a 4 channel amp. just go buy some supplies and start getting familiar with the interior of your car. be careful not to break our Rubbermaid interiors for they are very fragile. Also, feel free to ask questions, i know how frustrating the process is.
qwikz28 is offline   Reply With Quote