View Single Post
Old 11-17-2008, 09:33 PM   #55
Tsar
MIR

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28 View Post
No one is making them work there, and Im not saying pay the SAME wages as the UAW has worked out.
Well my bad for not reading your mind, because here it clearly state "the same".

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28 View Post
They must pay the workers the same as the UAW workers are paid, as well as supply benifits to thoes workers that are equal to the UAW.
I
Quote:
Actually, the UAW's starting hour rate is dropping in 2010, another big thing that GM must be around for.
Irrelevant, GM will run out of money by the end of this year.

Quote:
Whats communistic about having foriegn companies taking advantage of our generocity and we have to level the field?
Is it a shade of protectionisim? Sure is. Its worked for Europe, its working for Japan, and its working for China.
What is not communist about making everyone across the board pay the same wage to their workers as GM does, others didn't get themselves into that mess- why should they suffer?

Quote:
So why is America the ONLY country giving foriegn companies the keys to the country when American companies are behind the 8 ball not only in America, but abroad.
They ruined their own reputation by producing subpar product; now the consumer does not want anything to do with them, and you are asking who is to blame?

Quote:
Take the morgage bail out of 700 billion. We are giving money to banks, and to other companies buying up smaller banks so they can get a hand out!! AIG is chewing through billions and billions, and nothing is done!!
No one is stopping the bleeding, banks are still not lending, people are not spending money.
GM wants 1/3 of 25 billion dollars to survive and move foward and become profitable. ****, AIG burned through 25 billion in just the last week.
Is there a point in there some where or do you just wanna bitch and moan about GM not getting the 25 billion?

Surely we are not paying out of our own pocket right now, but correct me if I'm wrong (anyone); printing trillions of dollars will result in inflation, which will greatly reduce the buying power of the dollar, which in turn will make it worthless if we start printing money like Zimbabwe ( you know that everyone in Zimbabwe is a millionaire, right?). Retirement, savings, insurance, pensions, and annuities will go to crap; in addition you will be able to buy less food and clothing. And you think if companies will compensate with higher wages, well you are wrong again, your money will depreciate faster than any raise you will ever get, which in turn will make you piss poor. Wages will take years to catch up. So how much do you want to live in Zimbabwe and be a millionaire?

Yay for the bailout...

P.S. I forgot to add, protecting the national manufacturer does not always work, if people believe that they are producing an inferior product they will not buy anyways. No matter how much you tax "the bad guy".

Last edited by Tsar; 11-17-2008 at 09:37 PM.
Tsar is offline   Reply With Quote