View Single Post
Old 11-17-2008, 10:24 PM   #67
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsar View Post
Well I guess they will have to adopt. That's what people do when times are hard. Will it be hard to find a job, probably, impossible - no. Hell you can work in wall mart, shop rite, do side jobs, landscaping, yard work. Bunch of menial jobs that people do NOT like to think about. At one point, my mother worked 2 jobs for about 4 years with 0 (and i will repeat ZERO) days off. People gotta suck it up and do it, stop bitching and complaining - you know what you need, well go there and get it.

I hate to point this out as an example but my mother came to this country with 50 bucks in her pocket 11 years ago, and didn't know any English. She made it because she knew what she wanted, and knew what she wanted to do - there was no bitching and complaining like I hear from some people there was only work, work, and more damn work. Guess what, it worked.

If one went to any college then go back to it and use their career services, and look for jobs through that. There are thousands of jobs posted on Penn State's website and people are still hiring and coming here for the career fair, BUT YOU HAVE TO LOOK FOR JOBS, they will not come to you.

Person that can't find ANY job in today's world is NOT LOOKING HARD ENOUGH.
If 16% or more of the population is umemployed and whole industries vanish, what can they adopt to? Your view of people solving their own problems at this point is vastly over simplified.

You seem to think there is some alternative for everyone to just pick up and do something else. That simply isn't true.

-Tim

New Jersey F-Body Owners Association
NJSPEEDER is offline   Reply With Quote