View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 05:54 PM   #50
Frosty

I've only smoked it a few times many years ago...it was ok...I like it better than drinking but I rarely drink. For those that say it's a gateway drug...BS. That person probably already had a desire to try other drugs.

I firmly believe the only reason that it's not legal is because the government doesn't have a viable system in place to regulate and tax it. There are negatives with everything but legalizing it isn't that big of a deal to me...honestly...who cares? It's no more dangerous or harmful than alcohol and we all know how that goes...\\
Quote:
Originally Posted by jims69camaro View Post
just so we're all on the same page: i lament the fact that US dollars go anywhere but back into our economy. we've shot ourselves in the foot long ago, and continue to do so every time an american dollar goes outside the US.

there are a lot of things that could fix our economy, not the least of which would be to legalize marijuana. we could fix our trade deficits to countries like japan. we could spend more of those tax dollars that are being spent warehousing non-violent (read: drug users) offenders in prisons. we could make a better product and advertise that fact not only in the US but aboard. we could stop our leaders from squandering our tax dollars in frivolous ways. the list is endless, but mostly what keeps us from fixing things like this is that people are getting rich from our tax dollars. that is what has to stop, more than anything else. so fix the system before you think about legalizing MJ. otherwise, it will just become another way for our leaders to get fat.
Pretty good point.
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)

Last edited by Frosty; 05-07-2009 at 05:55 PM.
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote