View Single Post
Old 05-08-2009, 04:46 PM   #93
Frosty

Quote:
Originally Posted by madness410 View Post
cigarettes dont mess with your judgment skills or make you high though, im willing to bet that will be her counter arguement
But that wasn't the argument. The argument is if weed is addictive. I brought up cigarettes because it's a fact that nicotine is addictive. I merely ask what chemical in marijuana has an addictive characteristic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79CamaroDiva View Post
So you're saying that because there are no chemicals in alcohol that people cant be addicted to it? that's crap. for real. People get addicted to the high. I know people who can't function without smoking, and because of that their mental state (sober or stoned) is severely impaired. If it was legalized the IQ of our nation would plummet.

The difference between alcohol and weed is that someone can have a drink or two, and not be impaired, or they can keep going and get wasted. No ones going to smoke "a little bit."
Alcoholism has been linked to being a genetic disorder. I know people that can't get out of bed without having a beer...I know people that brush their teeth while having a beer...it's no different than what you're trying to blame weed on.

Also, you don't know anyone that's slightly impaired after only 2 drinks? You're kidding right? I guess all of your friends are seasoned drinking veterans lol. No one smokes a little bit? A few of my friends will smoke on occasion, take a few hits and be done....not to the point of being high as a kite. I don't see where you're getting your info from, you're taking the most extreme cases and trying to pass them off as the norm.

Both alcohol and weed will impair you but to say that smokers always smoke to the point where they're super high is ignorant(no offense). The IQ of the country would plummet? Right...and I'm sure the scumbag, worthless alcoholics in this country really prop up the number.

Does anyone have any type of polls and research data on Amsterdam when marijuana became legal? I'm curious to see if there was an increase of crime, motor vehicle accidents, increased number of hospital cases involving marijuana etc.
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)

Last edited by Frosty; 05-08-2009 at 04:51 PM.
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote