View Single Post
Old 07-21-2009, 02:44 PM   #21
sab123

I have an aluminum 17" jack from PepBoys, some Chinese or such cheap model. Was about $160, now you can find jacks like this for $50 or so. Works great, other than all the bolts on it need periodic retightening, or they unscrew themselves from vibration (the jack lives in my truck, among the other tools I bring to the races). Should probably put a thread locker on them.

I also have a small 14" steel jack from K-Mart, Torin brand. Works great for over 10 years and I actually prefer it whenever possible over the large aluminum jack, since it's easier to carry around. In the lowest position it's a little higher than the aluminum jack, so it doesn't fit under my race car but fits fine under a stock Camaro. In the highest position it's too short for the truck.

And I have an AC Delco 15" steel jack. This one I don't like, so it sits in the far corner mostly unused. The ratio on it is wrong, the handle is light but you need to pump it great many times. And it's heavy, and a little bigger than the Torin jack, and higher yet in the lowest position. And in the highest position it's still too short for the truck.
sab123 is offline   Reply With Quote