View Single Post
Old 11-07-2009, 10:23 AM   #12
racerx520

i will try to get pictures of the truck up on here. but basically heres where it stands, both fenders/quarters have rust on them, but right near the tire so i was thinking i'd just take a sawsall and cut out the rust and just make the wheelwell bigger is all. there is rust on the rockers but i think i canjust weld some sheet metal on there same with the rear tailgate.

basically the last run that this truck had was my brother went out wheelin with it, got it stuck in this huge mud hole, tried to get out and the front diff. blew up, put it in 2H and the 700r4 in it blew up. after the truck was incapacitated he threw the winch on a tree, when the winch was pulling him out something int he mud slashed the front right tire wide open and the winch burned up as soon as it got out of the mud. that was its final day.
everything on the truck works now though, everything has been fixed except the exhaust is no longer hooked up, it went on a different vehicle.

i was kinda thinkin of fixing it up just cuz i really want a truck, i could borrow this im sure if i help him fix it more. also, i hate to say it, but im getting a little tired of driving the 3rd gen everywhere lol. 5 years of that kinda ride (i put stiffer shocks and springs in it) has been enough for now lol, i want to keep the car though and keep fixin it up lol.

like i said i'll try to get some pictures up on here soon of the truck

oh and also one last thing, truck has high miles, not too sure how high but my brother speculates its up near 200k. says that the spedometer was never adjusted for the tires so we're not too sure

racerx520 is offline   Reply With Quote