View Single Post
Old 11-07-2009, 07:03 PM   #19
crazyblazer87

Ok, so it needs an exhaust and it is drivable. that is no biggie. The rust looks like normal blazer/jimmy rust. the front clip (fender, hood and what not can be changed with many different year panels. the only real difference is the grill and front lighting. That can get cheap through a junk yard or another donor truck. The pick-ups also use the same panels. Miles do not mean anything. My 87 had over 250,000 on the original motor and diffs and the motor was finally starting to die. I say it is worth it to fix. If you mud smart then you will be okay. It is when you push the envelope and see how far you can go with the truck that you will break something.
You want a daily driver so honestly that gmc is not for you. With the big tires, lift kit, and whatnot it will make for a rough, noisy, and fuel scarfing ride. I get around 12-14 mpg with the factory size tires and stock suspension on the '90. Yeah it is fun to drive but that thing is made to go off road. If you follow what others are saying about building up the axles and everything it would be a bad a$$ truck.
'14 Charger
crazyblazer87 is offline   Reply With Quote