View Single Post
Old 01-17-2010, 04:58 PM   #10
Adam1978

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
See above. I'm not busting your balls. You have to zero in on what you need or you are going to spend$$ you don't seem to have on stuff you do not need.

Come to next week's meet and we can help you with this stuff.
-tail light lenses
-Driver side door (or at least door handle) (Inner or outer handle? Both easy to buy new. Is that all you need? Are the hinges beat?) the door does sag a bit, and the outer door handle doesnt work at all, the inner part is starting to give way as well, and the door has crowbar bends in it from when someone tried to steal it
-upper and lower dash Lower dash? (upper dash pads are a new part, rare is the good used-I never saw one).yeah i kind of figured, they just seem to be more expensive than i thought lol
-looking for a posi rear (what is in the car now? what gear ratio do you want?) right now it only makes a 1 tire fire, if u spin one tire the other moves the other way when jacked up, not sure of the ratio i'll check the VIN when its nice out, and idk much about good ratios i was hoping someone could help me with that
-rear window louvers (good luck, but this a bottom of the list item based on what you've described about your car. also what kind I've seen different designs) yeah this was in no real order, and i didnt know they made different kinds
-z28 hood scoop (what style -78-79 or 80-81?) 78-79 if you can
-z28 fender louvers (do you have a Z now? Do your fenders have holes?) no, i dont have a Z, it used to be a 305 auto, but has a T-10 and 350 in it now, trying to make a Z clone
-4bbl carb in good shape (what kind?) dont know much about them, i got my rochester rebuilt but the linkage and choke seem to be really fussy, i would like an Edelbrock or Holly, although if someone has a rochester or something like new i'll consider it
-front rotor/hub assembly (new like $30). they are 50 at advanced auto each, im trying to cut as much costs as i can being 19
-black z28 wheels (watch craigs list, they run ~$400-600 a set depending on condition and parts)
-t-top roof what kind, there are some variations. do you have tops now?) no i do not, this is very non-cruicial, i would love to give my car T-Tops someday, however i know it isnt that practical and i have bigger fish to fry
-t-top glass ^see above^
-trunk lid (watch craigslist and nastyz28.com) i just registered for nastyZ28, i didnt know such a thing existed lol
-a/c system (All of it? Is it an AC car now?) no, it is not, a black on black car in the summer is terrible without a/c
-pass seat (really? is it damaged or just a bad cover?)its damaged, the seat sits crooked for some reason, has a little trouble on the rollers and doesnt always want to sit up for people in the back seat.