View Single Post
Old 04-24-2010, 09:31 AM   #30
Mark42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow-V6 View Post
You dont have a stock V6, you have a bolt on V6. My 98 V6 with the same mods as you put down 180rwhp and 210 rwtq. That equates to around 215 hp and 250ish tq! Stock its 200 hp and 225 tq. You have a rear wheel drive car making over 200 hp and 250 ftlbs of tq!! Welcome to life! You didnt have wheel hop with you old rear because it was only 1 wheel peel. Now your rear is trying to grip with both tire but its not getting the power down due to suspension or tires so it hops from both wheels spinning. The more you wheel hop the better chances are that your rear end is going to break!

Have you changed the fluid in the rear since you had it installed? If not I would and make sure you get some posi additive in there and check the wear on the gears!
You really think the intake mode, exhaust and PCM tune are making that much HP? Cool!

I believe the torque increase caused by the 3.73's and the posi are the real culprits of the wheel hop.

I did change the rear lube (finally). Was surprised at how dirty the lube was after a thousand miles or so. Put in Mobile ! 70-90wt synthetic. Wear pattern on the gears looked good. I cleaned the magnet, and added a drain plug. But did not put in any posi additive because the Eaton TrueTrac does not use clutches, and they say the additive does nothing for it. So its straignt synthetic lube.

1998 Firebird Coupe
Mods: 3.73 Gears, Eaton TrueTrac, PCM Tune, LS1 Aluminum Drive Shaft, Cold Air Intake, 180 Thermostat, Magnaflow Cat-Back Exhaust, Moog LCA busings.

My Firebird Projects
: Click Here

Mark42 is offline   Reply With Quote