View Single Post
Old 05-21-2010, 06:36 AM   #1
Mark42

Moog LCA Bushings

In an attempt to fix a wheel hop problem my bird has, Moog solid LCA bushings were installed yesterday.

The change in bushings did more than fix wheel hop. This morning I did my usual 40 mile commute to the office. Nice mix of back country roads and interstate highway. I was not expecting anything different in the ride from changing the bushings, but that was not the case.

First, the rear feels more planted, especially on rough surfaces. A turn where I could always the a little sideways hop out of the axle did not make any hop at all. The rear stayed planted. And on the highway, long stretches of concrete that have lots of black top patches, the car used to wander a little bit, now it does not. Same with hitting those expansion joints, the car stays on track.

I'm attributing the better ride to the new bushings keeping the axle in proper plane, and not letting it shimmy or move around. Guess that is why the Trans Am comes with solid bushings.

Anyway, if you have wheel hop and are looking toward Moog bushings for the fix, you will also get an overall ride improvement too boot.

A worthy handling upgrade even if your car does not have wheel hop issues.

1998 Firebird Coupe
Mods: 3.73 Gears, Eaton TrueTrac, PCM Tune, LS1 Aluminum Drive Shaft, Cold Air Intake, 180 Thermostat, Magnaflow Cat-Back Exhaust, Moog LCA busings.

My Firebird Projects
: Click Here

Mark42 is offline   Reply With Quote