View Single Post
Old 02-19-2011, 05:36 PM   #38
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

June 2003, $300

It had a blown head gasket and needed a bit of TLC, so I had a friend (EVIL90SS here) tow it home for me and told my mom it would be out of her driveway in 2 weeks or less. This was originally an LG4/A4 car with an open 2.73 rear and 165k miles on it. I was planning on fixing the head gasket, tossing a Performer intake on it, and enjoying it. Well, I figured that I would swap heads while I was at it, then have them cleaned up and port matched, and hey...an LT1 cam would be nice too. You know how it is with mods.....7.5 years later, still haven't driven it.

Eventually it ended up with a 400 sbc, Perfomer intake, Comp XE 274 (.490/.490, 230/236 @ .050, 110 LSA +4), aluminum L98 heads, and a Holley 750 DP. It also has a built 700R4 with a 2600 stall TransSpecialties converter and a 3.23 posi from an '87 GTA. All new stainless steel brake lines went in along with fresh rubber brake hoses, a rebuilt master cylinder, and a new SLP line lock.

For suspension it has Eibach Pro-Kit springs, Bilstein HD front struts, Bilstein Race rear shocks, boxed stock LCAs with poly bushings, and a BMR chrome moly adj. torque arm.

I had a new Holley 110 GPH fuel pump waiting to be installed, as well as a Dana 44 with 4.09s and an Auburn Pro carrier.

Decided last year that due to wife / kids / mortgage / lack of time that I would part it out and hopefully have enough money when it was all said and done to pay a few bills and pick up a decent running 305 car that I could enjoy without having such a huge project looming over my head.

- Justin

Tru2Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote