View Single Post
Old 04-23-2011, 11:08 PM   #38
NastyEllEssWon

Quote:
Originally Posted by edpontiac91 View Post
My original point was that just as the news stations were talking about the price going near $4.00 a gal., up comes these stations with a 25% increase to $5.00 a gal.
Back in the 70's with the first gas crisis, there were shortages at the pumps, stations closed early, limits were put on about how much gas you could buy etc.
Right now IT'S SPECTULATION on WHAT MIGHT HAPPEN!
Wall street and the stock market buyers are driving the price higher and higher. Do you here about any ships waiting to unload fuel in the Arthur Kill (Perth Amboy) or Bayonne? ANY problem buying fuel at any time you want?
Many people have taken recent jobs for a LOT less then they were making and travel eats into that. With the price of food going up and gas currently has NO ceiling, there is very little left to pay bills or whatever.
I have been out of work for almost 2 years now, and I can find work, but not one that pays a suitable wage. Just my .
There were people that voted for CHANGE, and that's all we have left in our pockets!

too political.

bottom line. they charge, we pay. nothing about that will change. not even if it went to 10 dollars a gallon.
NastyEllEssWon is offline   Reply With Quote