View Single Post
Old 07-20-2011, 11:20 AM   #59
BullittSVT

Alrighty!!! Well, after my car being stranded in Margate for two weeks and taking it to a mechanic (which I didn't have much confidence in, but was my only choice) he replaced the ignition module. Runs for five days and acts up just as it has, but it seems to more violently shut off (loud noises when shutting down). This time I was in a parking lot in a not so good part of town instead of the usual cruising. Starts up, cuts off within 5 feet of going in reverse.

I've given up hope in this car and wish to drive it off a bridge. I've also been brought up the suggestion by family that it could be "water" in the gas tank. Now I don't know much about this.. nor do I know how much water can do this - but i'm willing to be enlightened on that possibility. No, I didn't drive through lakes and my gas cap isn't cracked from what I see.

I did notice that the last few times it's died on me like this is when my gas is around a quarter of a tank (not sure if it's a coincidence..) and I did hear a ticking noise going from the top of the engine.. from the left side to the right side like it's some sort of grand father clock.

1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.9

1998 Camaro, 3.8L M5 Stock - SOLD
2001 Camaro Z28 M6 SLP LM1, Lid
- FOR SALE

BullittSVT is offline   Reply With Quote