View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 08:46 AM   #11
qwikz28
13 Second Club / Moderator

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmanvette75 View Post
Mike and the crew at Thrust Performance in Sayreville are great. Drove past today and they had 4 lsx cars (2 vettes, a goat, and a camaro) up in the air, preparing for the first race weekend in a couple of weeks...
I've gone to Thrust for an alignment and ended up with new tie rods and ball joints as well. The guys are great and really took the time to go through my car to show me some issues it had. I don't know if I would bring my car there for an engine rebuild though as they seem to be more of a tire shop.

Tom- it sounds like you and I are in the same boat. I'm willing to bet my marbles that the shop that did your cam swap was TTP. I had them do my motor in 08 and they did awful work, and were wildly unprofessional. The shop that has done nearly all my drivetrain work since TTP (mostly to remedy their mistakes) has been JS Performance in PA (a sponsor). Mind you, I live about 20 minutes north of you, I still made the trip down there when I needed a new clutch last year. He's a great guy to deal with. Charlie at SSP is another stand up guy that I have dealt with in the past, and is a great LS motor builder.

The fact is, our sponsors are reputable. I've been in your boat with shoddy work, and I'm selective now with who I let work on my car. Before making a decision, confer with those guys first.
qwikz28 is offline   Reply With Quote