Thread: exhaust.
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 01:15 PM   #20
LTb1ow
Mongo the Meet Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider View Post
You should run open headers!

I'm all about a tame catback with a cutout, its the best of both worlds. I don't see where sjersey93z28 mentioned a chassis mounted torque arm though so its a rather moot point right now. If you like a loud car, have at it.
His signature indicates a hope for 12s which, ain't gonna happen just all on its on, suspension will be key and short torque arms are where its at.

Sounds like you have your mind up OP, just be wary that while yes a cammed, X piped car with bullets sounds amazing... they have an odd way of not sounding so great when the car is yours and you have to drive it daily. Have fun creeping past cops and praying.

Just do your research on it, look at a lot of setups and see what will work best for you. Key is lots of rubber isolated hangers and V band clamps, trust me, slip fit SUCKS and flanges, are only a small step better. Spend the money cause the exhaust will make you hate the car if it rattles or blares etc.

I think I have now OD'd on mature/logical thread posts, done for a good month or so now.

Last edited by LTb1ow; 02-28-2012 at 01:16 PM.
LTb1ow is offline   Reply With Quote