View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 08:24 AM   #4
L695speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroman88 View Post
ive had good luck with Macco (saddle brook), do the prep work urself, they do a final sanding and paint and i think its worth every penny, both of my 88 Camaros were done there, one artic white and one medium maui blue metallic
Will they go as far as replacing the floors? If not then I'll consider the them for the paint work and have the metal work done by someone else. I'd do it myself, however welding isn't exactly my area or expertise. I can do it, just won't be pretty. I found I was a better painter than welder when I was in school but that was a couple years ago. I've prepped some cars in the past so I know whats involved. How far did you go? I can disassemble the trim and take apart the GFX blah blah blah. Hell, I'd go as far as removing the bumper covers and rear spoiler.

I do know I need to completely strip the paint off the metal as its flaking off. Once it does that you've got no choice and it has to come off.

Now the car does have rot issues on the floor, the rockers, a couple spots in the back and in front of the drivers door under the fender. But this one is saveable. The T top bar was pristine. And I could easily do a lot worse here in the north east.
L695speed is offline   Reply With Quote