View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 01:51 PM   #9
L695speed

So far, the steering has been replaced for all new parts. Tie rods, center link, idler, the works. Replaced the adjusters with UMI pieces. The A arms have been changed for a set of UMI tubulars as have the rear LCAs. On car adjustable panhard bar from UMI, Koni Yellows, Eibach springs. The brakes have had the original booster, and master cylinder replaced. A 1LE proportioning valve has replaced the iron stock 4 wheel disc unit. Scott Degeer at bigbrakeupgrade.com worked my spindles for LS1 front brakes. Ed Miller provided the backing plates for the 11.6 PBR rear brakes. I'm going to run Raybestos rotors all round with Hawks HPS pads. The 15x7 original wheels have been changed out for 16x8s Formy wheels. Reasoning here is the later Formula wheels to the ignorant or lesser knowledgeable observer will look original to the car. I was fooled myself already once after I put the original center cap on. The rear was left alone drained of old fluid, replaced the rear axles for Mosers. Timken rear seals and bearings were installed as well.

I also put in a factory "wonder bar" from an Iroc Camaro that I got from third gen ranch. A 36mm front sway replaced the stock original WS6 32mm one. The rear sway bar is the original 23mm bar, I'm keeping that as is. Though I may pick up a set of 21, 19 and 24 mm bars to experiment with later on.

Bushings are polys all round. I know of the binding issues people talk about. However, there will be room for playing around with different setups once I get the basic setup done. I'm doing this on a rather tight budget, which explains the 2 years from tear down commencing to its present state. Its almost to the point where I can drive it again, and after seeing how bad it was suspension wise to start with, I can't wait to see what it will do now.

Last edited by L695speed; 04-02-2012 at 02:01 PM.
L695speed is offline   Reply With Quote