View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 01:56 PM   #2
Jersey Mike
Power Member/NJFBOA Bookie/Moderator

Social Networks:

I remember a thread on this on LS1Tech some time back.

I believe the law, at least in NJ, is you are not allowed to have a flashing blue light visible; This is reserved for law enforcement vehicles.

There are Switchback style LEDs on the market, but that doesn't mean you're in the clear. Even if it is called "Super White," some white LEDs often have a light blue hue to them. It varies from company to company, and will be up to the discretion of you and an officer as to what color you see when looking at it.

I believe a lot of people had issues with a batch of these at first, and I'm not sure if there a solution was found or not, but ideally, you would like to run an LED that: Runs constant white, but when the blinkers are activated, flashes amber/off/amber/off. I too want a white DRL bulb to match my 5000k HID lows & fogs, but would only purchase something that flashed amber/off. As far as I know, there currently isn't any reliable plug-and-play option on the market that fits this bill.

There are others on the market that flash amber/white/amber/white, but again, the color may not appear 100% white, and for that reason, could be regarded as "flashing blue."

1995 Firebird... Stock-ish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1ow View Post
Good. He microwaved my phone 6 years ago, i hope his intake erupts.
Jersey Mike is offline   Reply With Quote