Thread: my new toy
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 01:23 PM   #240
V
Stalker

most people wont watch an oil pressure gauge 100% of the time. Most will start the car, wait a few seconds, and look at the gauges, If they show good, thats all we really look for, yes they may be slow to react but if theres a sudden loss of pressure they still work. The split second delay it may have isnt gonna be a make or break situation in most cases. you're still gonna take the time to shut it off and get to the side of the road. Plus the stock gauges have the warning lights too which also in the event of pressure drop to 0, even with an aftermarket oil pressure gauge, will 90% of the time be the reason you know there's an issue.

I guess it really depends on the car though too. In my V, I have so many sensors and lights and warnings, they even come on through the 7" radio screen, that I think ill know if I have any serious oil issues. Also any time I race it at the track, I would be data logging it and reviewing all the runs. If i notice any concerns in the log that the gauge may not have illustrated, i can look at it further.

The stock tachometers are the gauges that most people say are the slowest to react. That's something a little more important to watch exactly to shift and such.

Last edited by V; 07-27-2012 at 01:25 PM.
V is offline   Reply With Quote