View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 07:51 PM   #94
nj85z28

Hey everyone, sorry for the absence. i have had the month from hell. everything was completely bad. 2 deaths, a broken truck, a screwed up cell phone & no internet, bank account and paypal frozen over some bullcrap, insurance cancelled, car insurance cancelled and drivers license suspended. a lamp got busted in the mail an LT1 cam killed my drill.. yea its been a hell of a month. SOO sorry to anyone who may have thought I ran off lol. I tried to touch base with everyone who had left a deposit and keep them up to date on the progress of their lamps, which has been super slow.i just havent came on the website very often unfortunately.

Mark68s lamp unfortunately was damaged by UPS. I am currently going through an insurance claim with them so everyone please consider picking them up. My heart broke when he emailed me about the damage.

Adam dropped off an LT cam and sprocket back in august, since i had been drilling the SBC cams anyway i took a shot at it. they are thinner and harder than the SBC cams, and two bits snapped off in the middle of drilling, one went through the side and during the melee my drill broke. so that was a setback. i did speak to adam and offered to swap out an LS cam at no additional charge and he was cool with it.

Since I had some time today and was feeling much better physically and not in as much pain I figured I would play with the lamps and worked on jersey mikes and finished adams. i added a standoff like somebody suggested. it started off as some random hook i found in a coffee can of old hardware, i heated it hammered it bent it shaped it and then polished it, drilled and tapped out a lobe in the LS cam and made it happen. I think it looks awesome, but decide for yourself. Im trying to engineer a way to make a retrofit kit for those guys who want the lifter pull chain..its heavy and i noticed in our living room when someone walked across the floor quickly it would clang against the cam. it didnt bother me but not much does. so i figured i would figure this out. Mark68, snuffles and blackbird if your reading this ill send you out one as soon as i make them.

Heres a photo of Adams lamp...the Firebird is there for show, but that too is for sale

Im still taking orders and getting these back on track. Thank you everyone for your patience during this hard time for me and my family